Delays delays delays delays and more delays.

#21lunchbox2042Posted 8/5/2014 6:37:08 PM
It's better to delay a game and fix it then to release a terrible one early. Unless you're Watch_Dogs, then you delayed it and it was still terrible.
#22boolzeroPosted 8/5/2014 7:02:17 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
Witcher 3 and evolve same month? February is going to be an awesome month!

Dragon Age too if I recall right, among the other games pushed to that month as well. At this point February is becoming the new October/November post-Christmas Christmas!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#23SparkItUpPosted 8/5/2014 7:06:36 PM
lunaticcore posted...
They say it needs more development time, but I think it just needed to get some release date breathing room.

Agreed 100%. October - December was getting crowded with titles for both consoles. While Feb also has some good titles coming out, it isn't nearly as crowded and will more than likely maximize sales potential with the delay.
#24snowboard340Posted 8/5/2014 7:10:05 PM
boolzero posted...
swatkiller546 posted...
Witcher 3 and evolve same month? February is going to be an awesome month!

Dragon Age too if I recall right, among the other games pushed to that month as well. At this point February is becoming the new October/November post-Christmas Christmas!

Dragon age is november
#25killtacular30Posted 8/5/2014 7:33:10 PM
With this time and age and long as video games have been around you would figure they would allow extra time to make a game it case something happens, that way they wouldn't have to delay a game but could always release the game early if they finish it...
#26SurfinClubStylePosted 8/5/2014 7:38:46 PM
It helps with October sales and helps me stick to a few games instead of a lot of games to deal with in Oct
---
1997 Toyota Supra 6-Speed Twin Turbo Targa Top - SOLD ($53,600)
2001 Toyota Celica 6-Speed GT-S - SOLD ($13,300)
#27yiangaruuugaPosted 8/5/2014 8:40:17 PM
I believe devs are showcasing their games with near release dates in order to generate hype and preorders (presumably to forecast sale predictions). If the game has a good preliminary audience, then it warrants more budget/more work, causing a delay. If it doesn't generate enough attention, then they release the game as is, and start patching problems. This makes sense given the video game market is slowly declining due to handheld and mobile.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#28vashkeyPosted 8/5/2014 8:57:35 PM
MrMonkhouse posted...
Goodbye Evolve, see you next year.

Is this a trend for developers or what?

Think this is bad? You should have been around for the 6th generation of consoles. Constant delays ALL THE TIME. Especially from high profile japanese game plublishers.
#29Engineer-samaPosted 8/6/2014 8:09:14 AM
Titanfall should've been delayed, it was a glitch-fest with wall you can pass straight thru and cover that wouldn't register. Also collision between the titans and the environment seemed...wonky.

They could have also added more content, AND MAYBE GOOD GAMEPLAY and it would've been a lot better.