I Need Advice - Xbox One or PS4

#1ScarzMurdaPosted 8/5/2014 3:08:47 PM
I'm about to go to the store to get either an Xbox One or PS4. I have been trying for weeks to decide which one to get. I was a ps2 gamer but then switched to a Xbox360 gamer. I only ever play one system. All of my friends are on the Xbox360 but none of them have got the Xbox one yet (They still play the 360) and they don't know if they will buy an Xbox One. So if I buy the Xbox One i'm have to play buy myself until they buy the X1. Now for the games, Only game I want is "The Walking Dead" on Xbox one. On the PS4 I would get "The Last Of Us Remastered". I'm a big graphics person and I do like going for achievements. Any advice would be nice please and thank you for your time.
---
Family & Honor is Everything
#2LEGEND_725Posted 8/5/2014 3:10:18 PM
Best exclusives, best controller, best online server and the true place for games. Welcome to Xbox one... We have games and don't reassure ourselves with resolution and indies.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#3triple sPosted 8/5/2014 3:11:59 PM
It's about your list of games man. PS4 has the power advantage. Xbox One has surprisingly useful Kinect functions if you get the Kinect one. Both will share a majority of the same library of games so in the end it will come down to which console your friends/family are getting, which controller you prefer and which console has exclusives that interest you more. For me, it was Xbox One for now. Master Chief Collection is a huge deal for me.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#4VoidBeyondPosted 8/5/2014 3:13:38 PM
triple s posted...
It's about your list of games man. PS4 has the power advantage. Xbox One has surprisingly useful Kinect functions if you get the Kinect one. Both will share a majority of the same library of games so in the end it will come down to which console your friends/family are getting, which controller you prefer and which console has exclusives that interest you more. For me, it was Xbox One for now. Master Chief Collection is a huge deal for me.

This
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#5ScarzMurda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:20:58 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
triple s posted...

This

I Do play a lot of halo and gears. To be honest I don't know what systems my friends are getting. They can't decide at all. They keep playing xbox360 ad don't see a point to get a new system yet.
---
Family & Honor is Everything
#6psykojuggalo98Posted 8/5/2014 3:21:25 PM
It depends on which exclusives you want, really. And what online service you prefer. Both are great.
#7uniquebadgerPosted 8/5/2014 3:23:32 PM
That is a very dangerous question to ask on these forums, and fanboys will start a war over it.

Just ask yourself do you care about MS exclusive or Sony exclusives?
Do you have a big friends list on the 360 that you would miss if you went Ps4?
Do you care more about multi-plat games?
Which controller do you like best?

I see you aren't sure which system your friends will be getting, the best option might be to wait then so you can keep playing with them and switch when they start to.
#8uniquebadgerPosted 8/5/2014 3:25:23 PM
ScarzMurda posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
triple s posted...

This

I Do play a lot of halo and gears. To be honest I don't know what systems my friends are getting. They can't decide at all. They keep playing xbox360 ad don't see a point to get a new system yet.

There really isn't a point yet to upgrade as most games are coming out multi-plat, and so far both PS4 and X1 exclusives have been very Meh. But with MCC coming out i think that gives X1 an advantage, and i know Sunset Overdrive is coming out soon but to me that also looks Meh. Hopefully next year we will start seeing more games that are exclusive to this gen.
#9triple sPosted 8/5/2014 3:30:26 PM
ScarzMurda posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
triple s posted...

This

Master Chief Collection sold me hard on the Xbox One. Literally bought one a week after the E3 announcement in anticipation. Before that, I was probably getting a PS4 before the Xbox One but there wasn't really any game on either that said to me, "MUST GET NOW". I just didn't want to be in a situation towards the time MCC comes out where I may not have the funds to get an Xbox One right away.
---
#10triple sPosted 8/5/2014 3:31:48 PM
And strangely enough...I do prefer achievements to trophies.
---