Next Gen came to early?

#11aj4x94Posted 8/5/2014 6:04:31 PM
I don't think they came out too early. I just think neither side came out with their guns ready.

You know something's wrong when both consoles ship out with less features in the box than their predecessors. As much as I give the PS4 and Xbox One crap for having no games, I can forgive that since it's a recurring thing for console launches(with the sole exception of the Dreamcast). No BC, and no MP3 support?
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#12CloneTheHeroPosted 8/5/2014 6:10:45 PM
aheroafake posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
No. If a 7-8 wait was too early than you have no sense of time. They are ridiculously underpowered though, I don't see this gen lasting half as long as the PS3/360.

If this generation of consoles does end quicker than last, do you think the next batch of systems will be just as underpowered as the Xbox One and PS4 or will their specs be good enough to qualify as "next-gen hardware" ??

I can't answer that. But wouldn't surprise me if this gen started a trend of cheap affordable underpowered consoles.
---
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Shadowrun (Genesis)
#13shawntew9935Posted 8/5/2014 6:34:12 PM
aheroafake posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
No. If a 7-8 wait was too early than you have no sense of time. They are ridiculously underpowered though, I don't see this gen lasting half as long as the PS3/360.

If this generation of consoles does end quicker than last, do you think the next batch of systems will be just as underpowered as the Xbox One and PS4 or will their specs be good enough to qualify as "next-gen hardware" ??

They will be just as underpowered. The days of the console makers losing money on each sale for years is gone. They will break even or make money on the future consoles from now on.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#14ComradeRyanPosted 8/5/2014 6:36:20 PM
Nope. I am enjoying 64 player Conquest in Battlefield 4.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#15triple sPosted 8/5/2014 6:38:39 PM
It's about two years too late. None of the consoles compare to what the Xbox 360 was in 2005 or the PS3 was in 2006. If these where you 2011 systems, it would seem like a bigger leap.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#16triple sPosted 8/5/2014 6:39:40 PM
To clarify, the graphical jump over the previous gen.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#17_complex_Posted 8/5/2014 6:47:31 PM
Ps4 came at the right time but Microsoft released way to early and it shows.
#18spacejamjordanzPosted 8/5/2014 6:48:22 PM
No way. I would say this gen is about two years late.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#19BlackDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 7:30:34 PM
I only argue the consoles being late due to the delays and games arriving somewhat half baked such as TitanFall and Battlefield 4. Even Ryse for some reason seemed like only the base combat was done, and they didn't invest more time into enemy types, and objective variety.

I do agree too that the ps3 having having more features than the ps4 just sends the message of too early.

Just compare ps2 to ps3 or xbox to 360. Massive leap, and much better features.