Controller disconnected mid-game, refuses to resync.

#1HMXTaylor_LeePosted 8/5/2014 6:31:59 PM
So, I was playing Battlefield 4 tonight, doing fairly well on the new maps. Suddenly, the game pauses and tells me to reconnect my controller. I look down at my controller, and the light is still on - I thought the battery might have died, but that wasn't the case.

My character got shot standing completely still, and I pulled the battery pack out and put it back in. You know, reconnecting my controller per the instructions. I turn it back on, and nothing happens. I try it again, and to no avail.

I fumble around in the dark, finding the synchronize button on the Xbox One, and press it and the the one on the controller to try to re-establish a link. Nothing doing. I keep trying this, and nothing works.

I turn the Xbox One off, and notice that curiously, my controller's light is still on. I turn the Xbox One back on, and I still can't do anything with the controller.

Finally, I do a hard shut down, holding the power button for a couple of seconds. When I turn it back on, my controller finally decides to work.

So, that fixed it... but I want to know why it happened to begin with. What causes the Xbox One to claim the controller is disconnected when it isn't? I sincerely doubt it's interference, because this is the first (and hopefully last) time it's happened and my room hasn't changed configuration at all.

If anyone can offer insight, I would be very grateful. On a side note, this is why I like wired controllers.
#2rwfan2cPosted 8/5/2014 6:55:58 PM
There are a lot of strange glitches with the One right now, Sometimes it wont sign me in to Live till i reboot. Sometimes it fails the Auto Sign in completely. I have had the controller shut off before like i hadnt been using it, even though i was in the middle of a game.

So i dont know, I assume it will get better as they get the bugs worked out. We bought the console in the first year, like always we essentially paid 400+ dollars to be Beta Testers.
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, Battlefield 4
Waiting for: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW And an ME4 Announcement
#3HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 10:17:31 AM
Beta testers, pretty much.

But controller functionality seems like something that should be pretty under control by now. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose had hardware issues!