Controller disconnected mid-game, refuses to resync.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller disconnected mid-game, refuses to resync.
1 year ago#1
So, I was playing Battlefield 4 tonight, doing fairly well on the new maps. Suddenly, the game pauses and tells me to reconnect my controller. I look down at my controller, and the light is still on - I thought the battery might have died, but that wasn't the case.

My character got shot standing completely still, and I pulled the battery pack out and put it back in. You know, reconnecting my controller per the instructions. I turn it back on, and nothing happens. I try it again, and to no avail.

I fumble around in the dark, finding the synchronize button on the Xbox One, and press it and the the one on the controller to try to re-establish a link. Nothing doing. I keep trying this, and nothing works.

I turn the Xbox One off, and notice that curiously, my controller's light is still on. I turn the Xbox One back on, and I still can't do anything with the controller.

Finally, I do a hard shut down, holding the power button for a couple of seconds. When I turn it back on, my controller finally decides to work.

So, that fixed it... but I want to know why it happened to begin with. What causes the Xbox One to claim the controller is disconnected when it isn't? I sincerely doubt it's interference, because this is the first (and hopefully last) time it's happened and my room hasn't changed configuration at all.

If anyone can offer insight, I would be very grateful. On a side note, this is why I like wired controllers.
1 year ago#2
There are a lot of strange glitches with the One right now, Sometimes it wont sign me in to Live till i reboot. Sometimes it fails the Auto Sign in completely. I have had the controller shut off before like i hadnt been using it, even though i was in the middle of a game.

So i dont know, I assume it will get better as they get the bugs worked out. We bought the console in the first year, like always we essentially paid 400+ dollars to be Beta Testers.
Currently Playing: HearthStone, Battlefield 4
Waiting for: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW And an ME4 Announcement
1 year ago#3
Beta testers, pretty much.

But controller functionality seems like something that should be pretty under control by now. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose had hardware issues!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller disconnected mid-game, refuses to resync.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived