Most Pretentious Video Game?

#21BDJaycePosted 8/5/2014 9:09:22 PM
Enclave posted...
BDJayce posted...
Most pretentious game.. hmm..

Minecraft is a pretty pretentious game and i've played the hell out of it but i'd have to go with Final Fantasy XIII. Just the game tried so hard to take itself seriously but just failed. Then just to add on to it they gave it 2 sequels to try and fix what they did in the original.

Except Minecraft doesn't take itself seriously at all. Also the creator routinely admits that he had no idea it would ever become as popular as it did.

True. I guess it's mostly just the people who play that game, from my online experience, that give me that pretentious vibe.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#22mokmuudPosted 8/5/2014 9:09:34 PM
Rainy_David1 posted...
Almost no one in this topic knows what pretentious means.

This
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#23GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 9:13:50 PM
BDJayce posted...

Minecraft is a pretty pretentious game and i've played the hell out of it but i'd have to go with Final Fantasy XIII. Just the game tried so hard to take itself seriously but just failed. Then just to add on to it they gave it 2 sequels to try and fix what they did in the original.

How is Minecraft pretentious?
#24mokmuudPosted 8/5/2014 9:15:06 PM
Current gen I'd have to say Ryse. It wants you to think its great but once you play it you realize how shallow and hollow it is.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#25BDJaycePosted 8/5/2014 9:17:05 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
BDJayce posted...

I was judging by my online experiences not the practices of the company which is what the other topic was about and not this one, correct?
---
#26GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 9:19:42 PM
BDJayce posted...
BDJayce posted...

I was judging by my online experiences not the practices of the company which is what the other topic was about and not this one, correct?

And what about the online experience is so pretentious?
#27BDJaycePosted 8/5/2014 9:24:11 PM
BDJayce posted...
BDJayce posted...

Everything? People are just so arrogant and, not unlike gamefaqs, when people are protected by anonymity they tend to act bigger than they would in real life. I guess the same could be said for most online games but without a /mute or /ignore function its hard to drown out some of the non-sense. I've actually gotten to the point where I can only play on private servers with friends.

Maybe it's not pretentiousness, i'll admit I may be skewing that word, but the level of annoying is still up there.
---
#28GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 9:30:50 PM
BDJayce posted...
BDJayce posted...
BDJayce posted...

Everything? People are just so arrogant and, not unlike gamefaqs, when people are protected by anonymity they tend to act bigger than they would in real life. I guess the same could be said for most online games but without a /mute or /ignore function its hard to drown out some of the non-sense. I've actually gotten to the point where I can only play on private servers with friends.

Maybe it's not pretentiousness, i'll admit I may be skewing that word, but the level of annoying is still up there.

So it isn't the game but the people who play it that are pretentious?
#29BDJaycePosted 8/5/2014 9:35:18 PM(edited)
So it isn't the game but the people who play it that are pretentious?

Hence the 'online experience' which for a game like Minecraft is very much part of the 'game'. But how did we get so off-track. Didn't I say I actually chose Final Fantasy XIII?
---
#30snakes_codecPosted 8/5/2014 9:59:30 PM
The Fable games are the absolute definition of pretentious .