Most Pretentious Video Game?

#61mistermikeymikePosted 8/5/2014 10:51:31 PM
final fantasy xv or league of legends based on riot games
#62XBrosephPosted 8/5/2014 11:07:41 PM
Enclave posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Then by all means make your case though I am pretty sure you are just mistaking passion for pretentiousness.

Wait, wait. You're defending Peter Molyneux? Seriously? The way he acts goes way beyond simple passion. He exaggerates and goes on about how groundbreaking his games will be. I'm sure he actually believes what he says but his games never deliver what he promises.

You're seriously the only person I've ever seen defend him.

The only guy in the industry I can think of off the top of my head who's more full of himself and his games than Peter Molyneux is Richard Garriott.

Perhaps you think if a game designer and by extension their game is pretentious then that means it's bad. That's simply not the case since pretentious is not a synonym for bad.

I know Peter Molyneux has told some whoppers over the years but to call him pretentious would imply that he does it to appear more talented, clever or cultured than he really is and I honestly don't think that is the case. Personally I think it is more that his passion for game design often overrides his sense of caution causing him to bite off more than he can chew.
#63EnclavePosted 8/5/2014 11:52:19 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Even if Peter Molyenux is the very definition of pretentious the Fable games themselves aren't very pretentious as a result. They were never trying to be anymore than what they were, just heart warming Good vs. Evil Fables where your character could choose to embrace good or evil.

No, they very much trying to be much more than that, it's just that's all they succeeded in being. Bare in mind, what I'm saying only really applies to Fable 1 and a much lesser extent Fable 2.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#64shadowkratos774Posted 8/5/2014 11:59:20 PM
Mario Kart
---
...but in time, they will join you in the sun.
3DS FC: 4613-7001-8523, please PM me if you add me.
#65shadowkratos774Posted 8/5/2014 11:59:57 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
final fantasy xv or league of legends based on riot games

That's not out.
---
...but in time, they will join you in the sun.
3DS FC: 4613-7001-8523, please PM me if you add me.
#66-Demonic_Dante-Posted 8/6/2014 12:02:45 AM
Gone home. sounds like it should have been a short story rather then a video game
#67PsyborgasmPosted 8/6/2014 12:21:25 AM(edited)
Yes, Peter Molyneux is such a pretentious guy. That game he made before Fable was so damn bad. He was acting like he made the greatest game ever, when all you did was build villages and slap creatures with the 'God hand.'

Edit: Black & White is the game.
#68Mega_SkrullPosted 8/6/2014 12:21:04 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
snakes_codec posted...
The Fable games are the absolute definition of pretentious .

Cute but no, I think it has already been clearly established in my previous thread that anyone who considers the Fable games pretentious is just ignorant.

Lol, TC wins the most pretentious award.
---
http://goo.gl/Wg6w0 "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M
#69GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 12:23:52 AM(edited)
Enclave posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Even if Peter Molyenux is the very definition of pretentious the Fable games themselves aren't very pretentious as a result. They were never trying to be anymore than what they were, just heart warming Good vs. Evil Fables where your character could choose to embrace good or evil.

No, they very much trying to be much more than that, it's just that's all they succeeded in being. Bare in mind, what I'm saying only really applies to Fable 1 and a much lesser extent Fable 2.

While it is true that PM had loftier goals for the Fable series than what was achieved it is hardly pretentious to strive for greater things. If we never tried to improve on what came before and push our boundaries then we would never evolve as a society.
#70miethaPosted 8/6/2014 12:47:32 AM
Braid