Most Pretentious Video Game?

#91BDJaycePosted 8/6/2014 1:32:59 PM
Same way you didn't 'like' the claims about PM and Fable and fought tooth and nail to defend them as 'passionate' and not pretentious and anyone who disagreed was just ignorant!! Perhaps you shouldn't be a hypocrite with your assertions.

Whatever. I can see that you're adamant in your hatred towards The Last of Us. I watched one of my nephews play it and caught the whole story and game through youtube so it's not my favorite game but even I know it's foolish to declare it 'most pretentious' just because you didn't like the girls kissing in the DLC or you found the story 'cliche'. Such action is just you placing a higher value on the game, story, and actions within both than they deserves.

Oh wait, that's pretentiousness.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#92GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:04:02 PM(edited)
But anyone who thinks passion and pretentiousness are the same thing is ignorant, I know it is easy for those with a limited understanding of the word pretentious to mistake passion for pretentiousness but in reality they really are not the same thing, it has nothing to do with not 'liking' the claims as they are simply false, it is one thing to throw fair and justified criticism at a game but it is another thing entirely to throw baseless criticism against a game based on your own ignorance. The Fable series can be chastised for a great many things but pretentiousness is not one of them. I am trying to help you BDJayce, to educate you on the proper meaning of words so you wont make a fool of yourself in the future but unless you are willing to learn I can't help you.
#93BDJaycePosted 8/6/2014 2:10:09 PM
Who decides what's fair and justified? You? "Oh I think it so it MUST be fair and justified."?

Ask for opinions then crap on people for having those opinions. You aren't trying to 'educate' anyone. It's either dislike something that isn't directly linked to Microsoft or you're ignorant. Hell I called out Halo and Call of Duty in a previous topic and you brushed those aside as well.

The one time I comment on a game you can't refute, Final Fantasy XIII, you turn it around and ignore it and we end up exactly where we were in the last topic arguing because neither of us are using 'pretentious' right but both of us argue that we know the meaning of the word better than the other.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#94GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:28:30 PM
BDJayce posted...
Who decides what's fair and justified? You? "Oh I think it so it MUST be fair and justified."?

Ask for opinions then crap on people for having those opinions. You aren't trying to 'educate' anyone. It's either dislike something that isn't directly linked to Microsoft or you're ignorant. Hell I called out Halo and Call of Duty in a previous topic and you brushed those aside as well.

The one time I comment on a game you can't refute, Final Fantasy XIII, you turn it around and ignore it and we end up exactly where we were in the last topic arguing because neither of us are using 'pretentious' right but both of us argue that we know the meaning of the word better than the other.

What did you suggest those games just to get my attention? Do you really need me to judge your other choices? While I am not sure what you are getting at with Halo and Call of Duty (and considering your track record I highly doubt you could tell me) I don't see any problem with calling FFXIII pretentious, though whether or not you are calling it pretentious for the right reasons we shall never know.

I never once said you weren't entitled to your opinion and I never once crapped on anyone for having an opinion, if you don't like Fable and like the Last of Us then you have every right to that opinion and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise champ.
#95XBrosephPosted 8/6/2014 10:30:10 PM
Anything by Quantic Dream.
#96jimmyCCFCPosted 8/6/2014 10:41:49 PM
Not that it's on Xbox but I'm gonna say Gone Home. Charging 15 for that rubbish is pure pretentiousness.
#97CarpetfluffPosted 8/8/2014 3:19:12 PM
I did not care for it. It insists upon itself...
#98Papi010Posted 8/8/2014 3:47:02 PM
I'm grunching.

Not a game but the wii u board think Nintendo is the a console for "real games" and "true gamers". Xbone and ps4 are for dudebros. What a bunch of malarkey.
#99SearchmanV16Posted 8/8/2014 3:58:38 PM
Skyrim is easily my vote.
---
Current Devices: Galaxy S5, Retina iPad Mini, and Xbox One.