I don't know how, but I got Ryse for free...

#1Koelker12Posted 8/5/2014 8:55:37 PM
Unless someone knows more than I do and is about to spoil my day, I think I just got a digital copy of Ryse: Son of Rome for free through some sort of error in my favor. It was featured on my dashboard, and when I clicked to check out the store page, the first choice was "install" instead of a price or "buy" or anything like that. Assuming it was a text error or an option to pre-load before buying, I clicked install and low and behold, it installed. No purchase confirmation, no money drained from my account. Opened the game and ran it no problem.

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I still kinda want to know how this fortunate mishap came about. Is it a glitch and I got away with a free copy? I hit "install" about 5:30 pm EST today. The only other thing I can think of is that I have a used X1 from Gamestop, and somehow the previous purchase history is still on it despite being wiped clean and formatted. The thing was empty and fresh when I booted it up for the first time.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 8/5/2014 8:58:45 PM
I have a feeling your just really bored and made up a random story to post on gamefaqs to see what people would say.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3phineasfoolPosted 8/5/2014 9:01:11 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
I have a feeling your just really bored and made up a random story to post on gamefaqs to see what people would say.

I wouldn't say that. I have a coworker that got Titanfall for free. What most likely happened is the system is still designated as the home system for the original owner. If that person ever gets an Xbox One again and makes the new one their home system the TC will lose access to Ryse.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#4PominAusPosted 8/5/2014 9:03:55 PM
The previous owner likely hasn't bought another Xbox, or simply hasn't changed his new Xbox to 'home console'.
#5Koelker12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:57:59 AM
That is awesome. Now I'm gonna have to scour the Live store to see if there's anything else he/she bought. I assume if they traded it in, they're not going to buy another...
---
#6plus1zeroPosted 8/6/2014 6:45:51 AM
My best friend bought an X1 on craigslist and reset to factory settings to put his GT on there. There were several games still available for install. Had no idea that was what caused it to be like that.

So does the x1 do game sharing between two consoles like the ps3 did? Does MS encourage that?
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#7MurryEB_Alt1Posted 8/6/2014 6:49:24 AM
Koelker12 posted...
That is awesome. Now I'm gonna have to scour the Live store to see if there's anything else he/she bought. I assume if they traded it in, they're not going to buy another...

Check your "ready to install" section on your my games and apps, my friend bought a One off craigslist and I soon helped him realize all those games the PO must have digitally bought. Better yet, the PO must have bought another xbox and didn't make it his home console, because last week, Lego marvel, Lego hobbit, ryse, and wolfenstein all appeared in his ready to install section, God damn I'm jealous.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#8Koelker12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:02:46 PM
Figured it out. Went to "Manage Game" after it installed where it told me I had the Xbox Day One Bundle version of Ryse. Pretty cool, considering the only other game I have is Tomb Raider, (which I already beat twice on 360), and the Games with Gold games for this month. Now I have plenty to hold me over till Destiny.
---
#9duericPosted 8/6/2014 3:04:59 PM
Koelker12 posted...
Figured it out. Went to "Manage Game" after it installed where it told me I had the Xbox Day One Bundle version of Ryse. Pretty cool, considering the only other game I have is Tomb Raider, (which I already beat twice on 360), and the Games with Gold games for this month. Now I have plenty to hold me over till Destiny.

Yep. Ryse is awesome. It'll could hold you over until next year let alone September.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#10Koelker12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:09:50 PM(edited)
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Koelker12 posted...

Check your "ready to install" section on your my games and apps, my friend bought a One off craigslist and I soon helped him realize all those games the PO must have digitally bought. Better yet, the PO must have bought another xbox and didn't make it his home console, because last week, Lego marvel, Lego hobbit, ryse, and wolfenstein all appeared in his ready to install section, God damn I'm jealous.

No way...You're right I can get all those for free; installing now. I've got Killer Instinct, Plants v Zombies GW, and Powerstar Golf under that list. I was pretty hesitant about buying a used console, but hell with 4 free games I can't complain at all. Must be my lucky day.
---