Hate the analog sticks on XB1, is there any alternative?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Hate the analog sticks on XB1, is there any alternative?
11 months ago#11
-buy a set of x360 analog sticks on eBay (they're like a dollar)
-unscrew your X1 controller
-replace the analog sticks
-???
-profit
---
"Sleep is for babies, gamers play all night!" - Thomas Falsetta
11 months ago#12
Team_Ninja posted...
I feel like the ones who don't like the Xbox One controller or feel it's a step down from 360 is because they've been spoiled too much by the 360 controller that they can't even see the improvements. Playstation players have an easier time, because they've never had a good controller so with the DS4 they're able to appreciate the improvements much more. They shed a tear and yell out, "OMG, we finally have a good controller!!!"

Xbox 360 owners, spoiled!

I certainly agree with the DS4 being the best PS controller in a LONG time. The last one I actually liked was the dual analog (not the DS1). Personally, I prefer the 360 one, but the d-pad on the one is obviously better (still sucks) and I do like the new triggers much better. But, yeah, sticks, bumpers, and start/select were way better on the 360. X1 is still better than the DS4 though. I HATE the sticks on the DS4. Better than the DS3, but they still suck. At least the damn thing finally has triggers... Sort of...
11 months ago#13
I dunno, dudes.
The ps4 sticks seem fine to me, maybe they would stop slipping if some of you didn't have fat, greasy, 'murican hands. No offense, just putting it out there.
11 months ago#14
Engineer-sama posted...
I dunno, dudes.
The ps4 sticks seem fine to me, maybe they would stop slipping if some of you didn't have fat, greasy, 'murican hands. No offense, just putting it out there.

Its the same fat, greasy, 'murican hands that i use on the X1 controller and have no slipping issue, i had to buy covers to put over the sticks on the DS4 because of the slipping issue
11 months ago#15
Rdeal2 posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
I dunno, dudes.

Its the same fat, greasy, 'murican hands that i use on the X1 controller and have no slipping issue, i had to buy covers to put over the sticks on the DS4 because of the slipping issue

Maybe because the DS4 was a concept by Japan? Less people have fat, greasy, 'murican fingers there. And shorter, smaller fingers, so the stick placement is appropriate for their size.
MS is an American Corp, so they base their controller on what most of their consumer's preferences, and since they have bigger hands, they put the sticks further apart.
11 months ago#16
I have to agree with TC.

I am not enjoying the X1 controller analog sticks

The stems are way to long and feel too loose for me compared to the 360 version. I am also having to really turn down the sensitivity on most games for the X1 because of this issue whereas on the 360 I didnt have to turn it down any where as much.

I guess its down to personal preference but for me its a step backwards

Is there anyway you can use a 360 controller for the One? lol
---
Sir Ben Kingsley - "I'm sure he's not representative of all you Spanish people"
11 months ago#17
maximo posted...
I have to agree with TC.

I am not enjoying the X1 controller analog sticks

The stems are way to long and feel too loose for me compared to the 360 version. I am also having to really turn down the sensitivity on most games for the X1 because of this issue whereas on the 360 I didnt have to turn it down any where as much.

I guess its down to personal preference but for me its a step backwards

Is there anyway you can use a 360 controller for the One? lol

Same boat. Thought it's not so much the movement of the sticks I hate. It's how damn small the pads on top are. My thumbs fit nicely inside the 360 sticks, but the One has such small diameter pads on it that I don't feel in control as my thumb doesn't sit down in the groove properly anymore. That and the triggers. Whoever thought that putting angled triggers on the controller is a moron. Works great for people who use their fingertips. Feels horrible for people who use their first knuckle though.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
11 months ago#18
X1 analog sticks are terrible and a big step down from the 360.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
11 months ago#19
Same boat as you TC. Im not a fan of the sticks either. They are too loose, and smaller than the 360. It's like they tried to fix what wasn't even broken.

If they wanted to fix something they should have abolished bumpers and create actual shoulder buttons.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Hate the analog sticks on XB1, is there any alternative?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived