so we care about achievements now??

#21Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/5/2014 10:57:00 PM
leelee3105 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
this is literally only the third topic I have seen that directly talks about achievements.
and it's the first topic that directly talks about whether they matter or not

well welcome to gamefaqs.com I see you are new here

i was not given my complementary tour.

I'll be keeping a mental note of that
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#22leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:59:31 PM(edited)
leelee3105 posted...
this is literally only the third topic I have seen that directly talks about achievements.
and it's the first topic that directly talks about whether they matter or not

well welcome to gamefaqs.com I see you are new here

i was not given my complementary tour.

I'll be keeping a mental note of that

actually looks like you are pretty regular here. well either i just notice them a lot for some reason, or you just dont..... who knows
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online>>resolution
#23aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 11:04:38 PM
leelee3105 posted...
mokmuud posted...
I just think it's funny when fanboys use it as a selling point of one console vs the other.

well that would be pretty stupid since both consoles have a similar system. ponies will use anything to troll though

I prefer Trophies over Achievements. I used to prefer the reverse but Sony has it set up to easily see what your "trophy" score is at a glance compared to achievements. When you get an achievement it even shows a trophy when loading up achievements. Microsoft should have done something similar to Sony's trophy system to easily see the achievement completion stats of someone. I'm sure Microsoft could implement something to keep your collection of achievements easy to compare and judge at a glance.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#24aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 11:06:48 PM(edited)
^Sorry for the redundancy of words in my post.
---
#25leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 11:10:47 PM
aheroafake posted...
leelee3105 posted...
mokmuud posted...
I just think it's funny when fanboys use it as a selling point of one console vs the other.

well that would be pretty stupid since both consoles have a similar system. ponies will use anything to troll though

I prefer Trophies over Achievements. I used to prefer the reverse but Sony has it set up to easily see what your "trophy" score is at a glance compared to achievements. When you get an achievement it even shows a trophy when loading up achievements. Microsoft should have done something similar to Sony's trophy system to easily see the achievement completion stats of someone. I'm sure Microsoft could implement something to keep your collection of achievements easy to compare and judge at a glance.

the system on 360 was perfect. hopefully they get back to that. at the moment the best way to view them is on smart glass
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#26aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 11:17:09 PM
leelee3105 posted...
aheroafake posted...
leelee3105 posted...
mokmuud posted...

the system on 360 was perfect. hopefully they get back to that. at the moment the best way to view them is on smart glass

What do you mean it was perfect on 360? What exactly did 360 do that made it perfect? I'm just confused as to what you mean.
---
#27leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 11:21:03 PM
it was seamlessly laid out at the tap of a button. showed each game you played, each unlocked, the progress for ones you hadnt. it also would show you a side by side in comparison to another user. You could delete zero score games, and its was lightening fast. Pretty much perfect
---
#28aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 11:25:50 PM
Oh okay, I got it now. Yeah some parts of the achievement system on Xbox One makes no sense. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking with some of their choices.
---
#29leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 11:27:57 PM
aheroafake posted...
Oh okay, I got it now. Yeah some parts of the achievement system on Xbox One makes no sense. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking with some of their choices.

its one of a few areas where they took a step backwards thats for sure. Every month at least one major issue is addressed in the dashboard update though. im just waiting for one particular thing *cough* custom soundtracks *couch*
---
#30aheroafakePosted 8/6/2014 12:24:26 PM
As much as I don't want to admit it, I don't think CS are gonna be added for awhile, if they're ever added at all): One thing I want to know is why Microsoft still haven't added the option to send voice messages>_<
---