Do you think Xbox 1 would be doing better than Playstation if...

#1Mandrew257Posted 8/5/2014 11:35:19 PM
They didn't screw up E3 with always online and DRM? Also if they released a Kinectless model at launch?
---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#2ghoasePosted 8/5/2014 11:54:29 PM
Of course that's 80% of why it's struggling . Rest is because of weaker hardware
#3RuinerEraserPosted 8/5/2014 11:55:42 PM
ghoase posted...
Of course that's 80% of why it's struggling . Rest is because of weaker hardware

I agree with this, while Xbox is still doing great sales wise, that DRM scandal really hurt their reputation and gave Sony a big boost.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#4AnakeriePosted 8/6/2014 12:08:44 AM
I can't speak for anyone but myself. I have no loyalty to any brand or company: I'll spend my money where I think I can get the most value for it. I'm not poor but I'm certainly not rich and I wasn't going to spent that much money on a new console without doing my homework first. In this case, the PS4 was 100 bucks cheaper, didn't come with a peripheral that I had no use for, and had the exclusives I was most interested in. If the price had been the same last year for both consoles, I still would gone with the PS4 with the exclusives as the tipping point. *shrugs*
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#5da_StoOgePosted 8/6/2014 12:08:56 AM
ghoase posted...

Pretty much this.

Although I was complaining about three years ago on the 360 boards that MS need to stop milking Halo/Forza/Gears/Fable every year and actually put some effort into obtaining some decent exclusives, and not just timed exclusives.

I said that they'd have a hell of a time competing next gen if they didn't have the best performing multi-plays and if Sony stepped up their online infrastructure, and I was labeled a fool.

Foolish I may be, but I wasn't far off.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#6AwayFromHerePosted 8/6/2014 12:17:40 AM
RuinerEraser posted...

I agree with this, while Xbox is still doing great sales wise, .

You can stop pretending now.

While true, their first few months were better than the 360s, they've fallen behind that trend now.

They would have to sell 3 million units over the next 4 months to keep the pace.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#7miethaPosted 8/6/2014 1:31:27 AM
E3 has ****all to do with it. The vast majority of consumers wouldn't even know what you are talking about. Charging $100 for a forced bundle for an accessory most people didn't want, however, made a HUGE difference.
#8IHATEMYGTPosted 8/6/2014 1:35:04 AM
of course. that and pro-sony media reporting basically meant it couldn't succeed. Now SONY has a headstart i doubt they can overcome it.

Not that I care, i'm busy playing my games, because...sales data isn't very fun.
#9Jedi454Posted 8/6/2014 1:40:54 AM(edited)
All this does is benefit Xbox Owners because Microsoft will have to work hard to catch up, so more games will and more benefits will come our way.

Once you're the king of the throne, you can only be knocked down. Nintendo got knocked down with the Wii U, Sony got knocked down with the Playstation 3 and Microsoft got knocked down to some degree with the Xbox One.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#10TheBonfiniPosted 8/6/2014 1:57:55 AM
Jedi454 posted...
All this does is benefit Xbox Owners because Microsoft will have to work hard to catch up, so more games will and more benefits will come our way.

Once you're the king of the throne, you can only be knocked down. Nintendo got knocked down with the Wii U, Sony got knocked down with the Playstation 3 and Microsoft got knocked down to some degree with the Xbox One.

MS has never been king of the throne though. They'll probably be comfortably in 2nd place, which isn't bad.
---
Friendly advice taken.
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg