Do you think Xbox 1 would be doing better than Playstation if...

#11Jedi454Posted 8/6/2014 2:04:35 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Jedi454 posted...
All this does is benefit Xbox Owners because Microsoft will have to work hard to catch up, so more games will and more benefits will come our way.

Once you're the king of the throne, you can only be knocked down. Nintendo got knocked down with the Wii U, Sony got knocked down with the Playstation 3 and Microsoft got knocked down to some degree with the Xbox One.

MS has never been king of the throne though. They'll probably be comfortably in 2nd place, which isn't bad.

That's why I said to some degree. They were second place last gen and the gen before, they'll probably end up second place again.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#12dnmtPosted 8/6/2014 2:08:01 AM
It certainly would've performed much better in the US & UK, at least.
#13StrongBlackVinePosted 8/6/2014 2:10:32 AM
No. Xbox does not have same appeal PlayStation does globally. If things are relatively equal(release date, price, access to multiplatform games) then PS will win.

It would take circumstances like $599, releasing a year later, etc. for Xbox to lead...
#14StrongBlackVinePosted 8/6/2014 2:11:41 AM
dnmt posted...
It certainly would've performed much better in the US & UK, at least.

It would have performed better, but it would not have dominated the US like it did last gen.
#15quincy2000aPosted 8/6/2014 2:39:18 AM
"They didn't screw up E3 with always online and DRM? Also if they released a Kinectless model at launch?"

That was to blame, along with the superior, inconsiderate attitude displayed by Microsoft management surrounding those features, and the weaker hardware (which even some posters on this site downplayed before the release),
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#16Jeh64Posted 8/6/2014 2:41:20 AM
ghoase posted...
Of course that's 80% of why it's struggling . Rest is because of weaker hardware
#17mooreandrew58Posted 8/6/2014 3:56:01 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Jedi454 posted...
All this does is benefit Xbox Owners because Microsoft will have to work hard to catch up, so more games will and more benefits will come our way.

Once you're the king of the throne, you can only be knocked down. Nintendo got knocked down with the Wii U, Sony got knocked down with the Playstation 3 and Microsoft got knocked down to some degree with the Xbox One.

MS has never been king of the throne though. They'll probably be comfortably in 2nd place, which isn't bad.

exactly. I never understood why people care so much who is doing the best, as long as the companies make enough money to turn a profit they will keep going no matter how much better the competitor is doing. if companies gave up simply because they weren't the best then burger king would have closed shop a long time ago. which is why untill some company can wrestle the title of king of handhelds from nintendo then nintendo isn't going anywhere any time soon.
---
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
#18RuinerEraserPosted 8/6/2014 3:59:52 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
RuinerEraser posted...

I agree with this, while Xbox is still doing great sales wise, .

You can stop pretending now.

While true, their first few months were better than the 360s, they've fallen behind that trend now.

They would have to sell 3 million units over the next 4 months to keep the pace.

Thanks for the sales figures report!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#19SetzeraPosted 8/6/2014 4:24:47 AM
Mandrew257 posted...
They didn't screw up E3 with always online and DRM? Also if they released a Kinectless model at launch?

Well yeah, heck even if you removed just the policy things, they'd at least be tied in sales.

I'm not an MS fan, but I can admit if it wasn't for bad PR, policies, and Kinect. The Xbone console would be doing quite well.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#20aaronj904Posted 8/6/2014 4:27:54 AM
I think they lost a lot of consumers trust. I feel they would still be behind the PS4 because of multiplatform games having better resolution. The majority will go to what "looks better" and who can blame them? Also the price hurt them. Lots of things hurt the X1.

It's a lot more than just E3

However when halo and gears come out, people will buy the xboxone. Gears is enough for me to buy one!