Who here has Amazon Prime?

#11Brummie_lad123Posted 8/6/2014 7:20:54 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
Not anymore.

I used to have it when it cost 49, basically because i loved the next day delivery really, then they decided to charge 79 and say its for my benefit by introducing a streaming service i can not opt out off even though i have no interest in it..... havent used much of Amazon since.

Exactly the same as me! Even complained to them, hoping they would offer me another year at the original price but to no avail, I do not use the streaming service at all so it's pointless to me.

Seems ridiculous you don't even get the option.
---
XBL Gamertag = DarkLPmaster4
#12Sputnik1337Posted 8/6/2014 7:23:14 AM
I finally caved and signed up for student prime because they started shipping some of my packages from across the country and with canada post. Before that everything came from their warehouse 6 hours away via UPS, so it didn't matter if I paid for two day or used the free shipping.
---
a
#13Pharsti01Posted 8/6/2014 7:52:48 AM
Brummie_lad123 posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Not anymore.

I used to have it when it cost 49, basically because i loved the next day delivery really, then they decided to charge 79 and say its for my benefit by introducing a streaming service i can not opt out off even though i have no interest in it..... havent used much of Amazon since.

Exactly the same as me! Even complained to them, hoping they would offer me another year at the original price but to no avail, I do not use the streaming service at all so it's pointless to me.

Pretty much, i tried reasoning with them as well, but nope, always some random answer about how much better it would be now that i was paying extra for something i was not interested in having.

I even tried to reason with them by comparing the fact that they offer a subscription JUST for streaming, if they couldnt do the same to those who actually only wanted the free next day delivery.... no luck, like talking with a brick wall.
#14Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 8:11:39 AM
BorrisMcD posted...
I do and love it shipping is great and Instant video is awesome. Actually I hardly ever use netflix anymore. Might drop netflix for like 6 months and let them put new stuff up.

I haven't used Netflix in a minute, They never have anything new. I use Hulu a lot more
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#15outcast1398Posted 8/6/2014 8:23:06 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
Brummie_lad123 posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Not anymore.

Pretty much, i tried reasoning with them as well, but nope, always some random answer about how much better it would be now that i was paying extra for something i was not interested in having.

I even tried to reason with them by comparing the fact that they offer a subscription JUST for streaming, if they couldnt do the same to those who actually only wanted the free next day delivery.... no luck, like talking with a brick wall.

The problem is when you talk to a CSR (who are the best reps for any company imo) you are talking to a brick wall because that is the service they offer, there is no plan b option for the delivery side. If it's not an option a rep can't just make it one. It's like going into Costco to buy a computer that comes with the monitor and printer bundled and asking them why can't you open the box and just let me buy the computer.

Your best bet would be to contact them via a comments/suggestions link (if they even have one), or to their promotions dept. The problem is you would need a lot of people complaining about this for them to even listen. The only thing you could probably get in the short term is a discount.

I agree with you btw, would be nice if they offered the 2 day prime with no instant video, especially since the price just went up. I do use the streaming just not very often. it is a lot better than it use to be.
#16miethaPosted 8/6/2014 8:40:25 AM
I've had it four or five years now. I was balking at the bump to $100 until prime music.
#17MetroidFan9999Posted 8/6/2014 8:41:44 AM
I do, I haven't used the streaming service that much, I usually go to netflix out of habit.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#18daniel79Posted 8/6/2014 8:48:31 AM
RockguyKev posted...
I don't see how anyone could not have Prime at this point. Prime Instant Video is actually a legitimate Netflix competitor (finally) and Prime music is great too.

Not here in the uk anyway, its crap. Amazon want 5 a month off me so i can rent or buy the best films off them (even twenty+ year old films)?

Go f*** Amazon. What kind of service is that? I dont have to pay a fiver to look round the dvd isle at tescos..

Bloody lunacy.
#19Cal873Posted 8/6/2014 9:35:31 AM
Dev445 posted...
Was just curious. I use amazon a hell of a lot now ever since I got prime a year ago. I get pretty much ever thing from amazon except Clothes, Shoes, and Food.

I would be getting all my Xbox One games from here instead of gamestop too if I wasn't all digital.

Same here, except I also get my clothes and shoes as well.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
#20billsfanno1Posted 8/6/2014 9:38:11 AM
I do. The savings on items I "subscribe and save" to alone cover the annual membership fee. All of the other stuff is icing on the cake.