Has any game caused you to have a serious meltdown???

#41kuterPosted 8/6/2014 2:07:47 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics, "that" battle with the archers and mage (around the start of the game), if you are not prepared, you'll lose. And same game, when you first fight gafgarion at the gate.
#42Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/6/2014 2:11:21 PM
CoD: World at War veteran.

Blowtorch & Corkscrew. **** that level, such BS.

Can't believe everyone whines about Heart of the Reich. Blowtorch & Corkscrew was way harder.
---
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!
#43zxghostravenxzPosted 8/6/2014 2:22:20 PM
Xenogears, the fight with Amadeus boss. Every time you hit him, he healed himself for 25,000 points of life, putting him back all the way up to full health. Every other round he launched an attack that dropped your gears health by half. It took me three days to figure out that every time he launched that move, it also dropped his own health by half. Most. Annoying. Boss. Everrrrrrr.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#44Chosen_one_41Posted 8/6/2014 2:23:20 PM
I've had meltdowns while playing games but it's never been the game that caused them
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#45IyamtebistPosted 8/6/2014 2:25:07 PM
Depends how serious we are talking about, if it refers to games that have royally pissed me off while I was playing them in some way then the following will count, but I don't think I have played any that go beyond that point

Parasite Eve when I figured out that there was a chase sequence that would kill you instantly placed after the 20 minutes long final boss, and it is one of those cheap chase sequences where if you make a wrong turn you get lead into a dead end and corned.

Also Bravely Default whenafter chapter 4 you repeat the same events that occurred within those chapters 4 times and if you want to 100% the game you need to redo about 20 different boss battles again each time through

The Grandmaster Galaxy Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2 took me about 3 days of obsessively trying to beat the game in order to do so.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow with its horrendous trial missions that are just ridiculously long winded and tedious, as well as the story which was so bad I actually got annoyed with the game because of it.

The entirety of Gone Home, just because of how ridiculous that game is in general.
#46TyrantLowKeyPosted 8/6/2014 2:29:27 PM
Gran Turismo 2 way back when. Trying to get Gold on Licenses was super hard for me at that age (I am a lot better at them now but still probably nowhere near as good as some videos I have seen on youtube). Anyways maybe it was how young I was or whatnot but I broke a controller and almost raged destroy another one trying to get them. Until I realized that I just couldn't and moved it. Still cost me in the long run though.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#47B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/6/2014 2:32:51 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
The platform section in Mass Effect 2 on insanity. Anyone who has played this game on insanity knows of this section. It took me a few days and a lot of cussing before I finally completed it.

Omg! Yes! Me2 insanity was actually hard. 3 was a walk in the park but that platform section was crap! I got so sick of hearing harbinger say "if i must tear apart Shepard i will" then after a couple seconds game over reload checkpoint, rinse and repeat. If it hadn't been for grunt and zaed and jack using warp on all the barrier enemies i wouldn't have beat that part.
#48Free_sanPosted 8/6/2014 2:33:05 PM
Monster Hunter Tri, the final online boss. Soloing it. First day or so was nothing but annoyed rage. After that, a couple more days of attempts let me last long enough to get a time over instead of failure by death. Beat him soon after that.

F Zero GX Chapter 7 very hard. Took at least a month of trying that race for 1 hour a day before I managed to understand enough about the race (and the game at that point) to beat it. The many times I got to the final lap and then died made me drop my controller multiple times.

Dark Souls. Coming from Monster Hunter, the mechanic changes and different button layouts got me killed a lot. After finally adjusting, it wasn't so bad.

Halo 3 multiplayer. While I enjoyed much of it, the times when I know I can kill someone but "just couldn't" for the game infuriated me.

This doesn't technically count as a game, but hearing about others raving about how good several "free-to-play" games cause my blood to boil. Especially since those people are the ones that spend more than the cost of a new, retail priced game each month on said "free-to-play" games. If not that, they are the people that go on about hard work and nonsense like that when there's paid for shortcuts that devalues those numerous hours you spent.
#49zxghostravenxzPosted 8/6/2014 2:33:42 PM
Also, the dam level on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#50B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/6/2014 2:34:53 PM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
The platform section in Mass Effect 2 on insanity. Anyone who has played this game on insanity knows of this section. It took me a few days and a lot of cussing before I finally completed it.

Omg! Yes! Me2 insanity was actually hard. 3 was a walk in the park but that platform section was crap! I got so sick of hearing harbinger say "if i must tear apart Shepard i will" then after a couple seconds game over reload checkpoint, rinse and repeat. If it hadn't been for grunt and zaed and jack using warp on all the barrier enemies i wouldn't have beat that part.

Correction i didn't mean to put down zaed i had grunt and jack.