Has any game caused you to have a serious meltdown???

#61r0xm2nPosted 8/6/2014 3:48:37 PM
NFS : Hot Pursuit

Opposing racers just casually cruising past you after a corner. Sometimes they just cruising past you while you're boosting. Grr!!!
And it's not even rubber banding (I think). It's just the AI driving better then you!

Then when you do get past them again, they immediately try to EMP you. 2 things will now happen.
* You slow down so the EMP doesn't hit you.
* You get hit by the EMP, take lots of damage, slow down, and get overtaken anyways.

Double Grrr!!!

FF13 would also have been a frustrating game, but I just called BS and stopped playing before I actually raged out loud.
The fact that powerleveling in the game is almost impossible (till much later), and loot and money is RNG based.

Also, Disgaea 4. SO MUCH RNG in that game!!
And finding those Meowkin Pirates is NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE. And also absolutely required if you want to reach the real postgame.
It was so bad they made it easier in the Vita remake...

Funny thing is, games like Battletoads and Super Meat Boy don't really aggro me that much. Yes, they are dirt cheap, but I never feel overwhelmed either. It's just trying over and over till I nail that pixel perfect jump (so I can start practicing the next one). I can keep trying because I know I will nail the jump eventually.
---
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte
#62II_ZIAH_IIPosted 8/6/2014 3:52:23 PM
Black ops 2 campaign on veteran difficulty. I was pretty far in a level, but this one spot I died, then they kept spawning me right infront of a helicopter causing me insta-deaths. The only way to get out of the situation was to re-start the level. That was probably one of my only meltdowns, I just went to bed after that.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#63zxghostravenxzPosted 8/6/2014 3:59:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64singhellotakuPosted 8/6/2014 4:02:32 PM
COD pretty regularly pisses me off, but thats about it.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#65lostseraph7Posted 8/6/2014 4:16:30 PM
Planetside 2.

Essentially a cattle simulator where you get slaughtered by high ranked/organized people. Good luck trying to have a decent fight with those guys when they're supported by groups of similar-minded farmers. Reminds me of bullying in the school days now that I think about it.

I can't believe I wasted so much time putting up with that crap and the thought of that just makes me have mini-meltdowns to this day.
#66Fou LuPosted 8/6/2014 4:29:10 PM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD, Hardcore Boss Rush on Xbox360. After a couple of attempts, the computer will start to learn. It becomes increasingly difficult, and the computer will start to change it's pattern. It was really ****ing weird. After spending hours on it I was cursing up a storm.

Next day I did it my first try. Before you say it's because I was tired and just needed a rest, the PC version was exactly the same. Unbeatable for a day, then the next I one-shot it.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#67KingSpaceDandyPosted 8/6/2014 4:32:46 PM
Dark souls made me question my religion.

PS. three question marks is to many.
#68MetalDialgaPosted 8/6/2014 4:38:34 PM
Ghost's n' goblins

I beat it the first time, after a frustrating 30 tries, I beat him and found out I have to beat the game twice for the real ending... I freaked out soo badly
---
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.
#69bossk5Posted 8/6/2014 4:39:06 PM
Actually... At this very moment Deathshead on Wolfenstein is pissing me off a hair... That doesn't happen often.
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#70mokmuudPosted 8/6/2014 4:54:42 PM
kuter posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics, "that" battle with the archers and mage (around the start of the game), if you are not prepared, you'll lose. And same game, when you first fight gafgarion at the gate.

Lol
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539