Thinking of selling my Xbox One and skipping 8th generation all together

#31DarthUchiha91Posted 8/6/2014 12:22:37 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
This is actually a brilliant plan. Now you'll be able to go into all those 8th gen games being remastered and re-released in the 9th gen with a fresh slate.

Right on, TC.

lol

+1
---
Nobody likes you, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile, you $%^&ing douche.
#32kidwgmPosted 8/6/2014 12:23:49 PM
IceHusky posted...
kidwgm posted...
k

Thanks for such an intelligent and inquisitive response. You sir should be lifted in the heralds of gaming message board greatness with such a simple yet powerful one-letter word as 'k'. Thanks for making my day.

okay
---
Currently Playing: Wolfenstien and Lego Marvel Super Heros.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#33Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/6/2014 12:24:01 PM
ChiliPup posted...
^ I just KNEW there was a reason why we should be friends! Fist bump?

Go away please.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#34dnmtPosted 8/6/2014 12:32:13 PM
Get a PC and enjoy nearly every game under the sun, this gen or last.
#35SubSeenixPosted 8/6/2014 12:41:20 PM(edited)
Bloodborne,Naughty Dog and stuff

Sure forget the PS4
Totally forget the best games of this Gen on the best console since the PS2

Those remasters will have a small share when the flood of games arrives.
Especially when the 1st and 2nd party of Sony is going ham combined with the sheer amount of 3rd Party left and right.

If you complain now this is probably your first year of a new console Gen.
Congrats - When you turn 20 and the Next gen is launching you will face the exact same problems as currently.

For the X1...yeah your own fault.
It will remaster itself year over year - Forza,Halo and Fable every year.But thats your choice.

New games and variety are something only Sony is going to offer especially over the whole lifespan of a Gen.

dnmt posted...
Get a PC and enjoy nearly every game under the sun, this gen or last.

Nearly every game
PC is missing out of all the console specific exclusives
PC is missing out 9 out 10 3rd Party games and of course all the 3rd Party console exclusives like FF15 and stuff.

EVERY GAME means nearly no games.
And if you get some like AC Unity and Far Cry 4 they get ported from some studio in the Ukraine cause Ubisoft won't waste their expensive teams (that make the console versions) on that not selling anything platform

PC won't see most 3rd Party games while most of the PC Stuff comes to consoles.
This is the reality - 3rd Party with AAA Budget Games will not develop for PC and especially not use their main team for ports just cause they want to sell their games for full price and not for 5$ on steam sales.
You will never see console exclusive 3rd Party like Final Fantasy 15,KH3 and many many other things.
While 90% of the games currently on Steam are garbage Early Access and Indie Games console gets a 500 MILLION $ Budget Game in September with Destiny.
GTA5 comes 1 Year later to PC LOL
EA takes PC so seriously one of the best selling games every year (Fifa) is always 1 YEAR behind the console version.When Fifa15 hits on Consoles this september it will be on the quality level of Fifa14.Why?Cause probably some gangsters in some ghetto are developing it and not the expensive main team.
But hey - Waiting for Blizzard aka the only PC dev that doesn't rely on kickstarter these days is surely fun.
#36TrickyPonyPosted 8/6/2014 12:39:25 PM
WhiteAngel50 posted...
Well tc I do agree that companies should focus on new games instead of remasters. Why? Because it tells me that companies have ran out of ideas to make a new game

That's not what it means at all. This is like saying the remake of Wrath of the Titans means movie studios have run out of ideas for movies, but it takes a lot less thought to be overly dramatic about it I guess.

How dare the game studios listen to what a bunch of their fans want and worse actually give us a choice of buying them!
#37JeePeeDee_basicPosted 8/6/2014 12:41:01 PM
SubSeenix posted...

Sure forget the PS4

Especially when the 1st and 2nd party of Sony is going ham combined with the sheer amount of 3rd Party left and right.

Congrats - When you turn 20 and the Next gen is launching you will face the exact same problems as currently.

It will remaster itself year over year - Forza,Halo and Fable every year.But thats your choice.

New games and variety are something only Sony is going to offer especially over the whole lifespan of a Gen.

lol what a fanboy comment here.
#38SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/6/2014 12:41:30 PM
SubSeenix posted...

Sure forget the PS4

This ignores the best game for PS4 is a last gen remake. Maybe if we all ignore the elephant in the room it's not actually there! MS's game lineup stomps all over sony's. The variety is clearly on Xbox
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#39ht02135Posted 8/6/2014 12:52:17 PM
ValzacardX posted...
Um just don't buy the remasters?
??????
Profit.

actually TC has a point. if all developer just do remaster, then we all have no new game but remastered to play. dont play? then why get current gen console? might as well keep old gen.
#40Pixx0Posted 8/6/2014 12:55:10 PM
IceHusky posted...
These remasters are getting ridiculous and out-of-hand. I could live with one or two of them at first, but seriously now we're getting our 5th or 6th remastered game this generation with Sleeping Dogs? Never have I not been this excited for a new-generation of gaming in my history of consoles starting with the SNES. Publishers keep pushing out this crap instead of leaving the old games in the past and focusing on new games, like generations prior. If I wanted to play old games from the last-generation, I would just play them on my PS3.

Forget the Xbox One.
Forget the PS4.
Forget the Wii U.

I think gaming is done if publishers continue down this lazy path of just porting games to 8th generation consoles. :(

Next gen is just a fancy word for people to get excited about crappy practices like this. People who REALLY wanted "next gen" visuals, went for it 7 years ago with PC gaming.

The WiiU though, after this E3, seems much more promising than the other two scammers'consoles(Sony/MS).

Anyway, kudos to you TC for not being fooled like way too many.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.