Thinking of selling my Xbox One and skipping 8th generation all together

#41manijakusPosted 8/6/2014 12:10:35 PM
who cares
#42dnmtPosted 8/6/2014 12:14:01 PM
SubSeenix posted...
Bloodborne,Naughty Dog and stuff

Sure forget the PS4
Totally forget the best games of this Gen on the best console since the PS2

Those remasters will have a small share when the flood of games arrives.
Especially when the 1st and 2nd party of Sony is going ham combined with the sheer amount of 3rd Party left and right.

If you complain now this is probably your first year of a new console Gen.
Congrats - When you turn 20 and the Next gen is launching you will face the exact same problems as currently.

For the X1...yeah your own fault.
It will remaster itself year over year - Forza,Halo and Fable every year.But thats your choice.

New games and variety are something only Sony is going to offer especially over the whole lifespan of a Gen.

dnmt posted...
Get a PC and enjoy nearly every game under the sun, this gen or last.

Nearly every game
PC is missing out of all the console specific exclusives
PC is missing out 9 out 10 3rd Party games and of course all the 3rd Party console exclusives like FF15 and stuff.

EVERY GAME means nearly no games.
And if you get some like AC Unity and Far Cry 4 they get ported from some studio in the Ukraine cause Ubisoft won't waste their expensive teams (that make the console versions) on that not selling anything platform

PC won't see most 3rd Party games while most of the PC Stuff comes to consoles.
This is the reality - 3rd Party with AAA Budget Games will not develop for PC and especially not use their main team for ports just cause they want to sell their games for full price and not for 5$ on steam sales.
You will never see console exclusive 3rd Party like Final Fantasy 15,KH3 and many many other things.
While 90% of the games currently on Steam are garbage Early Access and Indie Games console gets a 500 MILLION $ Budget Game in September with Destiny.
GTA5 comes 1 Year later to PC LOL
EA takes PC so seriously one of the best selling games every year (Fifa) is always 1 YEAR behind the console version.When Fifa15 hits on Consoles this september it will be on the quality level of Fifa14.Why?Cause probably some gangsters in some ghetto are developing it and not the expensive main team.
But hey - Waiting for Blizzard aka the only PC dev that doesn't rely on kickstarter these days is surely fun.

Don't have a cow, man.
#43crucialPosted 8/6/2014 12:47:03 PM
Oh no choices,here is an idea,don't buy them or better yet quit gaming and leave the board's no one cares.
#44SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/6/2014 12:56:08 PM
JeePeeDee_basic posted...
SubSeenix posted...
Bloodborne,Naughty Dog and stuff

Sure forget the PS4
Totally forget the best games of this Gen on the best console since the PS2

Those remasters will have a small share when the flood of games arrives.
Especially when the 1st and 2nd party of Sony is going ham combined with the sheer amount of 3rd Party left and right.

If you complain now this is probably your first year of a new console Gen.
Congrats - When you turn 20 and the Next gen is launching you will face the exact same problems as currently.

For the X1...yeah your own fault.
It will remaster itself year over year - Forza,Halo and Fable every year.But thats your choice.

New games and variety are something only Sony is going to offer especially over the whole lifespan of a Gen.

lol what a fanboy comment here.

Yep. "Buhbut, buh BLOODBORNE!". Seriously its a new ip that we don't know much about, its from a great developer but know almost NOTHING. ND is pretty great can't argue that. But funny how he leaves out new X1 ips like Scalebound and Sunset…conveniently.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#45MetroidFan9999Posted 8/6/2014 1:09:57 PM
You just need to think of remasters as holdovers for this generation, many developers put side teams into creating them. It's just a way for them to make some extra $ while they churn out future new games.

I'm just waiting for developers to stop making multiplatform games for older consoles along with new, they need to move on and take advantage of the newer consoles.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#46zxghostravenxzPosted 8/6/2014 1:16:48 PM
I hear what you're saying TC. Yes, there are a lot of remastered games coming out, but I wouldn't get rid of my systems over it, that's a waste of money. I myself am not too thrilled about all the remasters coming out. Halo:MCC, I've played almost every Halo game up to Reach, and just couldn't stand Halo games. Unless you read the books, the games won't make any sense to you (Which I haven't read, and thus Halo games make no sense to me). I stopped playing Tomb Raider after 2 on the ps1. I'm in the firm belief that some games should just stop being made after some point (Assassins Creed anyone?) Sometimes it's nice to have new IP's to keep things fresh, but I can understand the nostalgia of wanting remakes. I wouldn't mind a remake of Xenogears or even a new gen remake of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's just mostly an appeal to those who want the nostalgic feel, and to get those who haven't played the originals a chance to get their hands on it with new gen graphics.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#47zxghostravenxzPosted 8/6/2014 1:17:33 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
You just need to think of remasters as holdovers for this generation, many developers put side teams into creating them. It's just a way for them to make some extra $ while they churn out future new games.

I'm just waiting for developers to stop making multiplatform games for older consoles along with new, they need to move on and take advantage of the newer consoles.

Oh god, I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you for once.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#482006_Posted 8/6/2014 1:33:04 PM
He is right you know. How many new IPs have we seen last E3?
#49Master AlienPosted 8/6/2014 2:01:32 PM
IceHusky posted...
Like I said in a few prior posts, my final current-gen consoles will be the Xbox One and the Wii U, when I buy one. Maybe I will return to the Playstation brand with the PS5, unless Sony continues down this path of Indie title dominance that they are with the PS4. Bleh!

wow it didnt take you very long to flip flop on the xb1 & wii u (again) like you did the ps4. how many times did you claim to flip flop on last gen consoles again? i remember it being some hilarious amount of times
#50sassynipplesPosted 8/6/2014 2:23:14 PM
Wait til Oct when alot come out or destiny and nhl 15 are out in a month