Thinking of selling my Xbox One and skipping 8th generation all together

#51duericPosted 8/6/2014 3:26:18 PM
That's what happens when the only upgrade you offer over last gen is graphics.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#52Chosen_one_41Posted 8/6/2014 3:37:31 PM
I don't know if you are aware of this but every gen since like at least 4th gen has had remasters. If a game is good I don't see why they wouldn't want to remaster it, the company makes money and people that never got a chance to play it can with their new system. Don't see how that process affects you if you aren't planning on buying them anyway. It's like going to a restaurant as vegetarian and complaining that some other guy bought a steak, just buy what you like and try to not let other people's choices bother you.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#53sexbonePosted 8/6/2014 3:45:57 PM
ur lost
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#54SxmfctPosted 8/6/2014 3:56:38 PM
'i like consoles, you don't need to keep spending money to stay relevant' - someone playing tlou in 2013

'i don't mind upgrading if it means better gfx!!! So what if i have to buy the game again. It has better gfx!!!!' - same person playing tlou rerelease in 2014
---
sigless user logic
#55ReliasPosted 8/6/2014 3:56:59 PM
IceHusky posted...
kidwgm posted...
k

Thanks for such an intelligent and inquisitive response. You sir should be lifted in the heralds of gaming message board greatness with such a simple yet powerful one-letter word as 'k'. Thanks for making my day.

Actually going by the fact that you made your case known and told us what your choice is, what the heck did you expect, a Oh no don't leave us, there will be that one game that will make the difference, your choice is yours, if you didn't want a reply like this, then don't post it here.
#56mjc0961Posted 8/6/2014 3:58:45 PM
ValzacardX posted...
Um just don't buy the remasters?
??????
Profit.

Oh okay, that fixes it. After all, there's so many new games to choose from that remasters are easy to avoid. Like right now, you can pick from playing The Last of Us again or playing nothing.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#57EastCoastKodyPosted 8/6/2014 4:23:13 PM
i'll buy ur xb1

tho i agree with ur points.......Sunset Overdrive, UFC, Halo collection, Arkham Knight and WWE2k15....are almost enough reason for me to get an xbox
#58Master AlienPosted 8/6/2014 4:54:17 PM
mjc0961 posted...
ValzacardX posted...
Um just don't buy the remasters?
??????
Profit.

Oh okay, that fixes it. After all, there's so many new games to choose from that remasters are easy to avoid. Like right now, you can pick from playing The Last of Us again or playing nothing.

love the people who think remasters & indies are keeping all these AAA games from releasing. the fact of the matter is having no remasters or indies wouldn't push out AAA games faster it would just make the periods in between big releases even more barren
#59IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:58:23 PM
LMAO @ people thinking that all console launch games were nothing but remasters of previous consoles. This is such a lie!!! XD
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
RIP Dad: 1943 - 2004
#60ValzacardXPosted 8/6/2014 5:00:26 PM
zxghostravenxz posted...
I hear what you're saying TC. Yes, there are a lot of remastered games coming out, but I wouldn't get rid of my systems over it, that's a waste of money. I myself am not too thrilled about all the remasters coming out. Halo:MCC, I've played almost every Halo game up to Reach, and just couldn't stand Halo games.
Unless you read the books, the games won't make any sense to you (Which I haven't read, and thus Halo games make no sense to me).
I stopped playing Tomb Raider after 2 on the ps1. I'm in the firm belief that some games should just stop being made after some point (Assassins Creed anyone?) Sometimes it's nice to have new IP's to keep things fresh, but I can understand the nostalgia of wanting remakes. I wouldn't mind a remake of Xenogears or even a new gen remake of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's just mostly an appeal to those who want the nostalgic feel, and to get those who haven't played the originals a chance to get their hands on it with new gen graphics.

Really? I had no problem following the story and I started with 3. Really only a valid excuse maybe for 4, since there was a lot book reference(of just the info you get from the terminals).
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement