1080p, or not 1080p? That is the question. Somebody being sued

#91mike468Posted 8/7/2014 9:39:43 AM(edited)
Viet0ne posted...

Fact is, the game is technically 1080p. Does it render a full 1080p image every frame? Yes. Does it only update every other vertical line? Yes. Is it still by definition a 1080p render? Yes.

You and the rest of the Sony fanboys need to learn damn difference between interlaced and progressive scan and stop twisting things. You admitted it yourself. The game doesn't refresh at a progressive scan frame rate on the vertical axis. Therefore it doesn't qualify as a 1080P. Sony should have known better than to say it does. You people just want to go and change the definition of progressive scan and interlaced to suit your needs.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#92shauntenninePosted 8/7/2014 9:40:26 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Good I hope Sony gets it raw

GREATNESS AWAITS
WHERE THE GREATEST PLAY
WORLDS STRONGEST CONSOLE
1080p!!!

Sad thing is the players had to be told it was t 1080p. Ps4 has had a very strong and pretentious propaganda campaign and this is just one red flag among many

I've never played the multiplayer on a Killzone game, and didnt start with Shadow Fall. The single player campaign is 1080p.
#93Goregasm17Posted 8/7/2014 10:42:58 AM(edited)
Has nothing to do with gaming. This guy hopped the gun before anyone else and was capable of acquiring 5 million dollars. That's all the matters in this world, not morals not anything else. I'm sure Sony has the 5 mil to hand out, they're a corp who craps on it's costumers just like microsoft.

You have people everyday saying they'd do gay thing for one million, or eat this for one million. Why can this guy not sue a striving company for his well being in this unnecessarily competitive world?
#94Cornbread4lifePosted 8/8/2014 9:46:09 AM
lilj812 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Slambo70 posted...
Sony is just a shady company and hooked a lot of fools with the 1080p line. Even if the lawsuit goes nowhere I'm glad they got caught.

Sticky this and let the rest of the thread die.

That guy, if he loses, will be ruined with all the costs. He should stop lol. He's not gonna win, let's get real here. And if he loses, doesn't he have to pay for everything regarding the case?

Not in America. That's the english rule, where you usually do have to pay the other side's attorney's fees (which is what would be the really expensive part here, regular court costs would still be standard). That's how England and Australia operate.

In America, that's not usually how it goes unless there's an exception in a particular federal statute or case law or the federal rules of civil procedure. Our public policy is not to discourage people from bringing valid claims out of a fear of having to pay the other side's attorney's fees. Otherwise no one would ever sue big corporations even on valid claims that are guaranteed to succeed.

Source - just took the California bar last week. No one should know the things I know...
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#95AzaneAzerPosted 8/8/2014 9:47:09 AM
It was actually 1080.
#96Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:04:25 PM
I'm taking this guys advice and I'm going to sue everyone who lied to me in this board who said Xbone couldn't do 1080P and broke my heart for throwing lies at me.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#97ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 12:06:44 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
I'm taking this guys advice and I'm going to sue everyone who lied to me in this board who said Xbone couldn't do 1080P and broke my heart for throwing lies at me.

---

Can one sue for "worthless topic"?
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#98Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:07:53 PM
ChiliPup posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

S*** then everyone in here would get sued, it would be a sue orgy.

---
---
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#99ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 1:03:31 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
ChiliPup posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

---

I once dated a girl named sue orgy.

just saying.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#100Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 1:34:50 PM
ChiliPup posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
ChiliPup posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

---

I once dated a girl named sue orgy.

just saying.

Did she live up to her name?

---
---
(Only On Multi Consoles)