Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Expected to Be Most Pre-Ordered Game This Year

#1zerooo0Posted 8/6/2014 4:02:25 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/05/new-call-of-duty-expected-to-have-highest-pre-orders-this-year-strong-support-from-microsoft-cited/

The other developers really handed 2014 to CoD or Activision this year with it and Destiny. I would expect it to be knowing how many games are being delayed this year. Really on X1 the big games to get this year are the exclusive, Destiny...and..?The PS4 I'm not too well known on it's first party exclusives this year but I would assume if you want a fresh multiplayer experience you don't have that much of a choice this year between Destiny and CoD, and I think Planetside 2 but that's F2P so PS4 owners really have no reason not to get that game. The line up of games this year simply don't compare to last year with all the to I her games that came out people, and Ghosts really had no big selling point.I can tell 5 reasons right off the top of my head why to get Advanced Warfare this year over last year when I could only think of maybe 2 reasons to get Ghosts meh.

I am actually excited for Call of Duty this year, new developer, new engine, and it actually looks like it's being made with current gen in mind unlike Ghosts which was nothing more than a last gen port. I'm willing to give Sledgehammer a chance.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2singhellotakuPosted 8/6/2014 4:04:16 PM
You'd think people would have learned their lesson by now, Ghosts was f'ing awful. Here's hoping sledgehammer is more talented than IW has been of late.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:06:49 PM(edited)
singhellotaku posted...
You'd think people would have learned their lesson by now, Ghosts was f'ing awful. Here's hoping sledgehammer is more talented than IW has been of late.

Really that is the biggest reason for my excitement about this new CoD. It's made by a relatively new developer that isn't IW or Treyarch. That alone to me warrants to be excited for it. Ghosts really had no reason to get it unless you just like the classic CoD gameplay that much.Ghosts big marketing thing was really pathetic.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4ComradeRyanPosted 8/6/2014 4:17:13 PM
I am expecting Destiny to sell the most, and win the most awards this year.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#5TOhasNoRingPosted 8/6/2014 4:18:14 PM
Aren't pre orders for Destiny on this gen consoles already over 500,000 for each the ps4 and one? Thats not even counting last gen.
Not sure if COD will be the most pre ordered yet again.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:19:43 PM
ComradeRyan posted...
I am expecting Destiny to sell the most, and win the most awards this year.

Destiny has the upper hand being fresh to win the Game of the year awards, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Advanced Warfare doing better. It really depends on how well the multiplayer reveal goes Monday.
---
#7UtterMoonPosted 8/6/2014 4:36:42 PM
Eh...wouldn't really surprise me, but then again I don't really care about pre-order numbers at all. But I can see the new Cod game breaking some kind of records. Its the first Cod game in a long time that looks interesting and new...
#8samdmerocksPosted 8/6/2014 4:43:08 PM
Destiny has over 500000 pre orders for each console. Yet cod barely has 100000.
---
FX-6100 3.3Ghz, Gigabyte windforce gtx 660 2gb, 8gb gskills ripjaws
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:46:14 PM
samdmerocks posted...
Destiny has over 500000 pre orders for each console. Yet cod barely has 100000.

Still a good amount of time before November. We also know a lot more about Destiny than Advanced Warfare, so if those numbers are accurate, which I highly doubt, then I would certainly hope that Destiny would have the more preorders by now than Advanced Warfare. Wait until we know more about the full game.
---
#10Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/6/2014 5:26:35 PM
$Call For Money: Recycled Warfare$
---
hey foo
hey foo