Wow. RIP Twitch. YouTube-like copyright system now in effect for audio...

#31metroidman92Posted 8/7/2014 10:30:38 AM
snowboard340 posted...
Doesn't effect me, because i don't watch any recorded stuff on twitch, only streams.

Doesn't make it right, thought.

This kind of crap doesn't surprise me anymore... It's all about money these days...
---
Now go drink 'til it feels like you did the right thing.
My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister, prepare to die.
#32gohoanqPosted 8/7/2014 11:28:36 AM
Wonder what will replace Twitch as the go to streaming service for gamers.. probably still not ustream.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#33Blade SeekerPosted 8/7/2014 4:28:44 PM(edited)
gohoanq posted...
Wonder what will replace Twitch as the go to streaming service for gamers.. probably still not ustream.

Seems some are trying to start a movement to Hitbox. Some of the people who created Hitbox were the same that helped created Own3d(I think?), the service that allegedly still owes thousands to streamers, so some are still iffy on trusting them too.

SlimeSwayze posted...
I've only watched Twitch streams a few times, but every time the music playing in the background of people's streams has been awful. If I'm going to watch a stream, I'd simply prefer to hear the in-game audio and the player's commentary. I don't need to be subjected to their musical tastes.

That's fine but this also mutes recordings with copyrighted music in game. Like GTA radio stations for example.
---
---
#34swatkiller546Posted 8/7/2014 4:57:04 PM
So I can't stream guitar hero, dance central, rock band then? God damnit...
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
#35duericPosted 8/7/2014 4:59:35 PM
crynryan posted...
That_Damn_Kid posted...
Can someone recommend another steaming channel on Xbox One( if there is any ) or just in general?

There's no reason to. This only applies to VODs (archived videos), which you can't view while on any of the console apps. Even then, the only reason to watch a VOD is if you missed something or the streamer hadn't already put it on youtube.

It's only a matter of time before it hits across the board. They just haven't figured out how to police it yet.

This is more of a "Hey, copyright holders, we're working on it. Give us this as a sign of good faith".
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#36Blade SeekerPosted 8/7/2014 5:00:17 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
So I can't stream guitar hero, dance central, rock band then? God damnit...

For now, you can stream them. Who knows if that will change in the future. They could make a brilliant decision of scanning live streams for copyrighted stuff too, which I believe would cause even more issues than the obvious one. Your archived streams(VODs) will be what gets muted.
---
---