How do you go about reporting a message on Xbox Live?

#1Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 8/6/2014 6:12:34 PM
the message itself doesn't bother me, but the guy sending it was reeeeaaaaally annoying so if i can get them a 1 day vacation from xbox live for sending me death threats, then i'm all for it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#2PizzatarianPosted 8/6/2014 6:16:42 PM
Go into their profile and report or block them.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#3Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 6:21:19 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
Go into their profile and report or block them.

i want to specifically report the message. If i just do a generic report it's guaranteed not going to do anything. I wonder if there's anywhere i can email the screenshot to.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#4PizzatarianPosted 8/6/2014 6:22:41 PM
Well in that case, I have no idea.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#5miethaPosted 8/6/2014 6:28:28 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
the message itself doesn't bother me, but the guy sending it was reeeeaaaaally annoying so if i can get them a 1 day vacation from xbox live for sending me death threats, then i'm all for it.

If it's a clear death threat, I'd say that would be a perma-ban, not a 1-day vacation. I would contact MS support and ask them who to send it to. I would assume that they don't tolerate that kind of behavior. Legally, they can't really afford to (i.e. if he did somehow kill you, and they didn't ban him after you reported him, they would be fiscally liable).
#6DonVito1990Posted 8/6/2014 6:36:13 PM
mietha posted...
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...

If it's a clear death threat, I'd say that would be a perma-ban, not a 1-day vacation. I would contact MS support and ask them who to send it to. I would assume that they don't tolerate that kind of behavior. Legally, they can't really afford to (i.e. if he did somehow kill you, and they didn't ban him after you reported him, they would be fiscally liable).

This made me laugh. Dunno why.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#7razakyPosted 8/6/2014 6:59:47 PM
DonVito1990 posted...
mietha posted...
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...

This made me laugh. Dunno why.

made me lmao
#8INikeOne89Posted 8/6/2014 7:29:52 PM
Grow some balls? It's online people talking crap. God... If you can't handle it then don't even bother getting online.
#9TOhasNoRingPosted 8/6/2014 7:32:05 PM
INikeOne89 posted...
Grow some balls? It's online people talking crap. God... If you can't handle it then don't even bother getting online.

This... Seriously just delete the message and block communications.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#10Mr_KillstreakPosted 8/6/2014 7:32:36 PM
INikeOne89 posted...

You must be one of the "tough guys" online but as soon as you get off the games you go back to being 11.