In less than a year, Kinect really is dead

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 8/7/2014 6:56:59 AM
I see a bunch of bundles and SKUs for the Xbox One coming, and not one of them has Kinect when we are heading into the holiday sales period. It's hard to believe that such a huge component of Microsoft's vision for the Xbox One was just buried half-way into 2014.

I honestly think that if Kinect was like the PS4's Eye Camera, it would have had some success. But they made Xbox One's Kinect far too expensive when hardly any game supported it's motion controls and was primarily pushed for voice commands. Something a much cheaper sensor bar is more than capable of doing
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2Evil SquallPosted 8/7/2014 6:59:42 AM
And nothing of value was lost. TO be honest that Ps4 camera is even more ridiculous to me.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#3youngskillzPosted 8/7/2014 7:01:47 AM
i bet ms is pissed all the money they spent on it, but they have billions so who cares?
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#4Jiggy101011Posted 8/7/2014 7:04:00 AM
I get a use out of my Kinect daily. The joys of voice control :)
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#5Blade SeekerPosted 8/7/2014 7:07:00 AM
youngskillz posted...
i bet ms is pissed all the money they spent on it, but they have billions so who cares?

Because if it turns out to be a huge waste of money, it could scare them off from innovating or even making a console after the One.
---
---
#6BigLongDownerPosted 8/7/2014 7:10:39 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
I get a use out of my Kinect daily. The joys of voice control :)

I use mine all the time for switching between apps on the fly. Love it.
---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
#7squonPosted 8/7/2014 7:15:32 AM
lol all the kinect owners are still in denial hahaha....you got scammed $100, clean cut, admit it. You got owned and taken by MS.
#8joshfromWIDPosted 8/7/2014 7:16:19 AM
I didn't get a Kinect and I don't wish I had it at all. But thats just me. YMMV.
---
XBL Gamertag: iJosh12
#9ExempliGratiaPosted 8/7/2014 7:19:42 AM
Kinect is great for the X1 to navigate menus and things like that but, it's a huge flop on the gaming side of things.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#10teeebzPosted 8/7/2014 7:20:43 AM
squon posted...
lol all the kinect owners are still in denial hahaha....you got scammed $100, clean cut, admit it. You got owned and taken by MS.

Most idiotic post of the day goes to this guy. Granted, it's still early.
1.good thing you didn't group the entire kinect population into what YOU think about the device.
2.people don't say "owned," anymore. Get with the times.

I use my kinect every time I use my xbox. It's great to be able to use voice to control all of my aps.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83