RYSE To Rise On PC

#131MetroidFan9999Posted 8/8/2014 7:11:56 AM
joshfromWID posted...
It isn't on ps4 or wii u, therefore it's an exclusive. Deal with it.

So....PS4 has more exclusives then?

Surely you can't have it both ways.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#132Bikes-Posted 8/8/2014 7:24:20 AM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Xbox One gamer here and for me, PC gaming is too expensive and too complicated for me to get into. I love Xbox because I just buy one box then plug it in and play, and all games for it are already optimized. Console gaming is easy.

I tried building a gaming rig back in 2010. Spent at least $800 on a bunch of components and it still doesn't have 5.1 surround sound and can't run any game on max settings. It can barely run games past low. PC gaming compared to console gaming is like building your own smartphone. I don't want to build my own smartphone. I just want to buy one and be done with it. Plus with PCs, I would have to upgrade it all the time to play current games which is even more money and even more complicated. I never have to upgrade a console. I just buy one and it lasts for 10 years. That doesn't happen for PC.

If you're into PC gaming, then good for you. I will stick with my Xbox for games. I use PC for Microsoft Office and YouTube. I hope that everyone isn't offended that Xbox is my gaming console of choice. But knowing how people are, they're offended.

I spent a grand around the same time and I still get medium-max at 1080p depending at if I'm willing to deal with 30 or 60 fps and how graphically intense the game is. I also prebuilt, so yeahhh you shouldn't be running at low unless you bought stupid stuff.

A lot of your other arguments are also utterly worthless.

1. If you buy a pre-build it's not complicated, bit pricier yes, but you'll be good to go pretty much instantly. Anyone who says pc gaming is hard at this point is just lazy or stupid, it's so streamlined at this point.

2. PC gaming is far cheaper in the long run if you're smart. No extra cost for online, far cheaper games especially with stuff like the humble bundle, and the stuff the major digital platforms give out for free these days. Buying handhelds/console games drains my funds far faster than PC ones.

3. You don't need upgrade constantly unless you want to keep getting max settings. By the end of last gen consoles were usually playing the equivalent of a PC's medium settings, so as long as you get a PC's max settings at the start of this gen, you'll probably be fine the entire gen.

There are a few genuine reasons to like consoles over PC, though with each gen there's less and less, and very few people actually bring up the valid ones.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#133Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 8:14:53 AM
That's a lot of mula to put down for a gaming rig.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#134Puckswack12Posted 8/8/2014 8:24:23 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
That's a lot of mula to put down for a gaming rig.

---

It's a lot cheaper if you only want to match xb1 numbers.

I'd say around 600 - 700 for something better than xb1.

Maybe even less
---
Yup
#135DaLaggaPosted 8/8/2014 10:46:03 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...
dnmt posted...

Any controller you may own from this gen and last can be used to play on PC and hooking your PC up to your television is easy-peasy. Don't believe the stigma; PC gaming is easier and more affordable than ever.

if you use a controller you are not PC gaming.

it's like using a microwave and calling yourself a master baker.

That's a real dumb thing to say, hombre. Some games benefit from kb+mouse and others truly benefit from a proper controller. Playing MGR:R, Dark Souls or DW8 on PC without a controller is doing yourself a disservice.

Having played through Dark Souls on PC with M&K, I'd argue that it's just as good as a controller or slightly better in DS1 and a lot better than a controller in DS2. I have no idea where people get this nonsense that 3rd person action games play better with a controller. If anything, a game like Dark Souls had to be dumbed down by design specifically because a controller isn't good enough for that type of game. I haven't played the other two games you mentioned, although DW8 is just a button masher so I can't imagine a controller working better for that game either.
#136cormpopsPosted 8/8/2014 11:26:58 AM(edited)
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Still a console exclusive. As if PC is relevant when talking about console gaming.

I thought most fans on here claimed that exclusives sell systems...or am I mistaken now?

PC is pretty relevant nowadays, it's not that hard to see many gamers having gaming PC's along with one or 2 consoles.

He is right, PC isn't relevant in this day and age. It has archaic features like backwards compatibility and free online.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eiYjFfJ.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/dEADTkZ.png
#137millimaynePosted 8/8/2014 11:50:15 AM
Right?

Not to mention the console-like PC Steamboxes coming out soon. That must totally mean there isn't a market for PC gaming.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#138Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/8/2014 9:27:11 PM
Bikes- posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Xbox One gamer here and for me, PC gaming is too expensive and too complicated for me to get into. I love Xbox because I just buy one box then plug it in and play, and all games for it are already optimized. Console gaming is easy.

I tried building a gaming rig back in 2010. Spent at least $800 on a bunch of components and it still doesn't have 5.1 surround sound and can't run any game on max settings. It can barely run games past low. PC gaming compared to console gaming is like building your own smartphone. I don't want to build my own smartphone. I just want to buy one and be done with it. Plus with PCs, I would have to upgrade it all the time to play current games which is even more money and even more complicated. I never have to upgrade a console. I just buy one and it lasts for 10 years. That doesn't happen for PC.

If you're into PC gaming, then good for you. I will stick with my Xbox for games. I use PC for Microsoft Office and YouTube. I hope that everyone isn't offended that Xbox is my gaming console of choice. But knowing how people are, they're offended.

I spent a grand around the same time and I still get medium-max at 1080p depending at if I'm willing to deal with 30 or 60 fps and how graphically intense the game is. I also prebuilt, so yeahhh you shouldn't be running at low unless you bought stupid stuff.

A lot of your other arguments are also utterly worthless.

1. If you buy a pre-build it's not complicated, bit pricier yes, but you'll be good to go pretty much instantly. Anyone who says pc gaming is hard at this point is just lazy or stupid, it's so streamlined at this point.

2. PC gaming is far cheaper in the long run if you're smart. No extra cost for online, far cheaper games especially with stuff like the humble bundle, and the stuff the major digital platforms give out for free these days. Buying handhelds/console games drains my funds far faster than PC ones.

3. You don't need upgrade constantly unless you want to keep getting max settings. By the end of last gen consoles were usually playing the equivalent of a PC's medium settings, so as long as you get a PC's max settings at the start of this gen, you'll probably be fine the entire gen.

There are a few genuine reasons to like consoles over PC, though with each gen there's less and less, and very few people actually bring up the valid ones.

I don't give a rats ass about gaming enough to build a PC just to play games. When I bought an Xbox One, I went to Target one day and just bought it. It is guaranteed to work with all Xbox One games for the rest of eternity. With PCs, you really have to research it in order to get all the best stuff for the best price. Then take the time to build all of it. Something I just don't want to do.

Plus my little brother spent $1.5k on a gaming laptop two years ago and my Xbox One is more powerful than it. He could have gotten a PS4, a PS3, and a Wii U for the same price. But whatever.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#139benjimainPosted 8/9/2014 7:28:10 AM
This is why PC + PS4 = Prime combo.
#140TurbokkPosted 8/9/2014 8:23:08 AM
The masterrace getting a superior version of a former Xbox exclusive seems to be the new trend.