What should Microsoft do to avoid losing even more exclusives?

#11warz0r09Posted 8/7/2014 9:30:27 AM
Well only reason first two Halo's went to PC was because original xbox didn't sell well so I think they wanted to get a bigger halo fanbase so when they release Halo 3 on 360 it would be a huge seller and it worked.

This why I don't see Halo going to PC anymore because MS hardware is not selling poorly. Even though PS4 is outselling it, it doesn't mean xbox hardware is selling poorly, its still selling good and when holidays come I see them doing really well. It's just summer is a huge drought and MS doesn't really have a release to increase X1 Sales as usually games are important as you usually always see increases when a new game is released as you just saw PS4 sales are up 50% because of last of us coming out.

So come holidays where MS has few big releases in Forza/Sunset/Halo. Top with a bundle and now a SKU without Kinect. I'm sure MS will be fine. Especially when CoD is pretty big on xbox too as xbox always a dudebro shooter system and with 100$ less SKU I'm sure this CoD will sell more this time on xbox even though ghosts did in the US.
#12MAZZIVEdamagePosted 8/7/2014 9:31:19 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Console exclusive still, they're not after PC owners to buy a console.

Everyone owns a PC.

What they should do is simply to not release their only major games on Windows. They obviously will get some extra cake since a lot more will be able to buy the games with them being on a platform they already have... but they also will fail to use them as a argument for people to go and buy their console..

I know Microsoft became a Forza, Halo, Fable and Kinect-factory 2009-2014 but hey.. They can't really expect that concept to sell Xbox One units going forward.
#13joshfromWIDPosted 8/7/2014 9:32:10 AM
warz0r09 posted...
Well only reason first two Halo's went to PC was because original xbox didn't sell well so I think they wanted to get a bigger halo fanbase so when they release Halo 3 on 360 it would be a huge seller and it worked.

This why I don't see Halo going to PC anymore because MS hardware is not selling poorly. Even though PS4 is outselling it, it doesn't mean xbox hardware is selling poorly, its still selling good and when holidays come I see them doing really well. It's just summer is a huge drought and MS doesn't really have a release to increase X1 Sales as usually games are important as you usually always see increases when a new game is released as you just saw PS4 sales are up 50% because of last of us coming out.

So come holidays where MS has few big releases in Forza/Sunset/Halo. Top with a bundle and now a SKU without Kinect. I'm sure MS will be fine. Especially when CoD is pretty big on xbox too as xbox always a dudebro shooter system and with 100$ less SKU I'm sure this CoD will sell more this time on xbox even though ghosts did in the US.

I mean I think Xbox One is going to be fine in the long run. People are jumping to conclusions based on 8 months worth of numbers. Things can change and there is plenty of time for it to do so.
---
XBL Gamertag: iJosh12
#14SxmfctPosted 8/7/2014 9:32:39 AM
Pumpedu posted...
I wonder what the average IQ is of the gamefaqs community.

Definitely in the high 100s

This site is teeming with intellectuals. You can find lawyers, analysts and computer scientists on every board
---
sigless user logic
#15kennyynnooPosted 8/7/2014 9:33:01 AM
MAZZIVEdamage posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Everyone owns a PC.

What they should do is simply to not release their only major games on Windows. They obviously will get some extra cake since a lot more will be able to buy the games with them being on a platform they already have... but they also will fail to use them as a argument for people to go and buy their console..

I know Microsoft became a Forza, Halo, Fable and Kinect-factory 2009-2014 but hey.. They can't really expect that concept to sell Xbox One units going forward.

But very very few console owners game on the pcs.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#16PumpeduPosted 8/7/2014 9:34:02 AM
Sxmfct posted...
Pumpedu posted...
I wonder what the average IQ is of the gamefaqs community.

Definitely in the high 100s

This site is teeming with intellectuals. You can find lawyers, analysts and computer scientists on every board

Lmao!
#17joshfromWIDPosted 8/7/2014 9:34:40 AM
MAZZIVEdamage posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Everyone owns a PC.

Yeah but not everyone GAMES on there PC...very few do actually. Maybe you know a bunch of people, hell maybe a bunch of people here on GameFAQs does, but it still represents a very, very small number of overall gamers.
---
XBL Gamertag: iJosh12
#18EnclavePosted 8/7/2014 9:34:50 AM
kennyynnoo posted...

If you really believe this then you're a fool.

I can assure you, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo? They want PC owners to buy their consoles as much as they want everybody else to.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#19kennyynnooPosted 8/7/2014 9:38:02 AM
Enclave posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

I can assure you, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo? They want PC owners to buy their consoles as much as they want everybody else to.

Of course they want it but it's definitely not it's target consumer or they'd match it's power....or even come close to it.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#20EnclavePosted 8/7/2014 9:41:23 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Enclave posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Of course they want it but it's definitely not it's target consumer or they'd match it's power....or even come close to it.

They don't need to match it's power in order to target them. They just need games that are not on the PC. I assure you, all 3 console makers target PC users. The reason? PC gamers are gamers. Additionally? You'll find PC gamers are a whole lot less critical of a games graphics than console gamers seem to be today. You almost never see PC gamers complain about the graphics of indie games.

Really the only PC gamers who really care about graphics are the ones who come to the console boards to troll and they themselves probably don't really care about graphics, they just pretend to in order to annoy the console gamers.

Now yes, they'll buy the game on PC before console if it's available on both because the game will look better on the PC, but that's just plain being logical about it. Why pay more for an inferior version of a game when you can get the superior version and generally for $10 or more less?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.