What should Microsoft do to avoid losing even more exclusives?

#21dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 9:59:10 AM
Enclave posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Enclave posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Console exclusive still, they're not after PC owners to buy a console.

If you really believe this then you're a fool.

I can assure you, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo? They want PC owners to buy their consoles as much as they want everybody else to.

Of course they want it but it's definitely not it's target consumer or they'd match it's power....or even come close to it.

They don't need to match it's power in order to target them. They just need games that are not on the PC. I assure you, all 3 console makers target PC users. The reason? PC gamers are gamers. Additionally? You'll find PC gamers are a whole lot less critical of a games graphics than console gamers seem to be today. You almost never see PC gamers complain about the graphics of indie games.

Really the only PC gamers who really care about graphics are the ones who come to the console boards to troll and they themselves probably don't really care about graphics, they just pretend to in order to annoy the console gamers.

Now yes, they'll buy the game on PC before console if it's available on both because the game will look better on the PC, but that's just plain being logical about it. Why pay more for an inferior version of a game when you can get the superior version and generally for $10 or more less?

Agreed. My best friend just said he decided not to buy a One because he already has a good PC and a lot of those Xbox "exclusives" seem to be coming out on PC. I'd imagine he's not the only one.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#22kyncaniPosted 8/7/2014 10:25:52 AM
As long as the Xbox One still gets a game or two I'm fine.

Otherwise I'll just play on PS4 /Wii U / PC / Vita.
#23SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/7/2014 10:31:03 AM
Pumpedu posted...
I wonder what the average IQ is of the gamefaqs community.

---
gt: For Spartaa
#24SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/7/2014 10:33:50 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
This is actually starting to get out of hand. While the hardware isn't as good as the competition, people are still buying the One for the exclusives. Now that Ryse has been lost and added to a growing list of exclusives being released on a non-Xbox platform, what do us Xbox fans think should be done? There is even a rumor of the Halo collection being released on PC. Let's figure this out Xbros!

Yep things are getting crazy. The X1 is getting Sunset, Scalebound, MCC, Phantom Dust reboot, project Sparků

I can see why you're concerned.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#25micheal82Posted 8/7/2014 10:33:52 AM
It is still exclusive to Microsoft and console exclusive to the Xbox
---
It's Clobbering Time
Best in the World
#26Pixx0Posted 8/7/2014 10:40:47 AM
joshfromWID posted...
PC is not a console....

but consoles are more PCs than consoles since a good bit, say the day one and late patches, HDDs (that can be swapped), etc etc

Funny how they left the best parts out of it: open system, mods, cheaper prices for games etc etc
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 8/7/2014 10:57:26 AM
Make/buy their own IPs instead of helping out 3rd parties. It never seems to earn them goodwill within the industry or with gamers, so just go for it, live up to the stereotype -- throw money at things and be controlling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#28dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 11:24:18 PM
I never ONCE said that they were losing CONSOLE exclusives. Stop putting words in my mouth. Point is, anyone with a half decent PC can play Xbox One's best games.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#29SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/7/2014 11:29:26 PM
I doubt MS cares. They still retain exclusivity, still take in the money, and add to their superior game catalog. PC users just have to wait an extra year to get the games.

Heck it could be worse. PS gamers still have little to play outside of knack and killzone
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#30nightshadeAPosted 8/7/2014 11:52:11 PM
heh yeah but I remeber when ms wouldnt port its own pc games over ot the xb or the 360

i mean no freelancer no real mechwarrior games and theres others that could of been brought over
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid