Call of Duty Advanced Warfare 1080p on PS4 but not Xbox One

#71Matt_256Posted 8/8/2014 7:22:51 AM
SparkItUp posted...
dnmt posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
dnmt posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Lol at 882p though. A lot of weird resolutions from Xbox this gen.

Weird thing is a lot of these weird resolution games are still suffering from screen tearing and framerate drops, like they should've stayed at 720p but were forced by MS to go higher just to avoid the stigma that 720p got from the Xbone's launch period.

After a few post launch updates, Titanfall, which I'm sure is what your referring to, has very rare instances of screen tearing and the frame drops have been improved.

But they still happen. And Ryse suffers from framerate drops as well at 900p. And that new sniper game suffers from screen tearing at 900p. These things should not be happening, period.

^ that so much. these problems are ones that should have been left in last generation...yet for whatever reason, the XB1 seems to be riddled with it...I'm not saying it's a significant thing (for the most part) but the fact it's still there means they are sacrificing quality for resolution...essentially, it doesn't seem to be able to do both like a next gen console should.

I agree. Although this resolution war is getting old it still begs the question on why this is even happening in the first place. We could potentially have these machines for the next 7-10 years and the 1st generation of games are struggling hard to maintain 1080p/60fps when that should be the bare minimum standard at this point. I mean, I don't think so many people would be complaining but the PS4 seems to be attaining 1080p/60fps with relative ease in most games that Xbox One is struggling with. It just doesn't sit well with those people that spent an extra $100 for their Xbox One when the PS4 seems to perform much better for a lower cost.

Yea, the resolution debate is blown out of proportion a bit. A lot of gamers are acting like the Xbox One versions look like N64 titles in comparison to whats on the PS4 and the difference really isn't all THAT huge. It's kind of like last gen in reverse, every multiplatform game will look *slightly* better on the PS4.
#72Darkeagle77Posted 8/8/2014 7:29:31 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Just curious, what are you Sony fanboys looking for X1 owners to say? Obviously the PS4 version is going to look better than the X1's, nobodys denying that. If you're looking for, "Ok game over man, going to trade in my X1 tomorrow!", then get real lol. I and many X1 owners acknowledge the supior ps4 version. Other things about the X1 are just more important like Live, controller, exclusives, etc.

Was that a rhetorical question? Sony trolls are here, well..............to troll, period.
#73godplaysSNESPosted 8/8/2014 7:29:47 AM
The PS4 is more powerful, and thus gets better visuals, either in form of higher resolutions or more advanced effects

Any game that is pushing the PS4 will run worse on the Xbox One
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#74kingbahamut83Posted 8/8/2014 7:32:57 AM
ZeroShot101 posted...
I can't wait till next gen when players are complaining that their games aren't in 4k resolution. The gaming industry is going to go down the toilet if people only care about resolution and not gameplay, multiplayer or story.

Have to agree with this. Were you crybabies whining about 8bit graphics? How about 16bit? Be glad that you are lucky enough to even be able to see what graphics have become since 1996, then shut up and go play those games you've been whining about.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#75Darkeagle77Posted 8/8/2014 7:38:33 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
IT'S NOT EVEN FINISHED YET!!!!

lol, I'll laugh if it becomes 1080p at launch. Then I'll direct the trolls back to this topic.

Ok, you'll laugh "if" it becomes 1080p, but will you cry if it doesn't or go with the usual, "Who cares!!?"

How about you laugh at them right now their stupidity and poor attempt of trolling?
#76lunaticcorePosted 8/8/2014 7:40:11 AM
I honestly care more about the timed DLC than the extra pixels.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#77Matt_256Posted 8/8/2014 8:03:32 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
ZeroShot101 posted...
I can't wait till next gen when players are complaining that their games aren't in 4k resolution. The gaming industry is going to go down the toilet if people only care about resolution and not gameplay, multiplayer or story.

Have to agree with this. Were you crybabies whining about 8bit graphics? How about 16bit? Be glad that you are lucky enough to even be able to see what graphics have become since 1996, then shut up and go play those games you've been whining about.

Well, that's kind of a weak argument since back in the 8bit era no one would have anything to compare it to considering it was the best of it's time. Of course, compared to now those games look stone age.

I'll never forget being at Kmart playing Vectorman on the Sega Genesis at the Kiosk in the electronics section and this guy walks by with his wife, stops dead in his tracks and says "Wow, would you look at that! These games are looking better and better! Nearly looks real!" - I know, kind of funny now days but even back then I thought Vectorman looked incredible when it came out. I actually got it that Christmas lol

Games have come a long way since then. It used to be that only kids played games and now EVERYONE does. The market has exploded since then and raised the bar to levels that now seem out of this world when compared to the early-mid 90's and expectations are higher than ever before in a now billion dollar industry. I'm sure if in 1993 someone from the future brought me back an Xbox One with Battlefield 4 on an HDTV I would have crapped my pants and my head would have exploded all at the same time. I don't think I'd be saying "Aghh.. 720p..? really...?" lol
#78Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 8/8/2014 8:08:42 AM
Where is Antonio Banderas when you need him?
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#79kingofjamaicaPosted 8/8/2014 8:09:47 AM
jellybeanmaster posted...
i don't care for the p. just make sure its locked at 60fps with motion blur

At 60fps, you don't need motion blur.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#80DojoMaxPosted 8/8/2014 8:13:38 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
dueric posted...
dnmt posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
jumbocat posted...
My graphics card from 2010 can run COD:BO2 at full settings, high FPS at 1080p with ease lol.

So what?

So maybe the Xbox One is kind of underpowered compared to the time of its release and current price point.

That, or not as easy to optimize on.

Either way, it's clearly lacking somewhere. How much that matters is still up for debate though.

Lol so his comparison point of BO 2 was relevant how? You think BO2 is as demanding as AW which seems to be a nice step up graphically?

SHUT DOWN! Triple kill!

Score another one for [LEGEND725] KING OF GAMEFAQS!

Normally I wouldn't agree with anything that Legend says but seriously I'm trying to figure out how a game from 2 years ago (that used the same engine as the game from 4 years ago) was viable comparison.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax