Having some serious buyer's remorse, thinking about flipping the switch.

#1Jedi454Posted 8/7/2014 6:33:03 PM
I bought an Xbox One at launch because I wanted a next gen console (current gen now) and I loved the original Xbox and Xbox 360, so naturally I preferred the brand as a whole over Playstation or Nintendo, despite having owned every Playstation prior to PS4 and some Nintendo consoles.

Since launch i've been having annoyances and little issues that bug the hell out of me, no technical issues with hardware or anything, but User interface annoyances, mandatory/ slow installation annoyances, frustration with the console not automatically connecting to the internet, the abandoning of the kinect, exclusive games going to other consoles/ PC and Microsoft's whole marketing set up with the Xbox One. I've just been a fanboy and a hypocrite, hoping things would get better, but they just haven't.

Basically, to me, the system just feels like a weak PC. The reason why i'm saying this is because they've taken all of the convenience of owning a console out and made it function more like a PC. I owned a gaming PC a few years back and knew they were a pain to work with, but I understand they're a great alternative to console now. I have no interest in buying a PS4 because it still functions the same way as Xbox One.

The whole reason why I made this post is i'm asking you guys what I should do, i'm thinking about going PC only for current gen (still own a PS3, 360 and OG Xbox which i'll keep) because the overall costs associated with a console now is more compared to PC.

Should I sell my Xbox One at a loss and just build a gaming PC (I know how to do) or do I stick with the Xbox One and hope things improve with the system?

To put things in perspective, i've gamed majorly on console all my life. I don't work, so I can't afford to build a PC and own an Xbox One.

TD;LR I'm having buyer's remorse, the Xbox One is frustrating me with minor and major issues, so i'm thinking about selling it to put towards a gaming PC.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#2Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/7/2014 6:37:00 PM
depends on the games you like. there are a lot of games that are consoles only and vice versa so you have to remember that.
#3LEGEND_725Posted 8/7/2014 6:37:31 PM
If games like halo MCC, gears, forza, fable, interest you stick with x one.

If a few games going to PC 5-8 months later don't bother you stick to x one.

If you have friends on x one stick to x one.

If you care about your achievements stick to x one.

If none of that really adds up go PC, or like me go both
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#4BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/7/2014 6:38:40 PM
Well this gen is pretty much how you described it. That is why I sold all my consoles and I only have WiiU/3DS. I think I might get a PC if some good multiplats are announced but this year I dont see any must haves except for Dragon Age and I can get that for 360
---
Greatness comes from within
#5Laylow12Posted 8/7/2014 6:44:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6teh1337gosuPosted 8/7/2014 6:46:04 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Well this gen is pretty much how you described it. That is why I sold all my consoles and I only have WiiU/3DS. I think I might get a PC if some good multiplats are announced but this year I dont see any must haves except for Dragon Age and I can get that for 360

Same, I normally don't go full Nintendo, but so far this gen I am. I had a ps360 but have neither new console and am playing wiiu/3ds. I may upgrade my PC for specific games or get a ps4 in 2.5 years.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#7MicropolisPosted 8/7/2014 6:48:58 PM
TC Couldn't disagree more I have never been happier with a console.
#8Draconian-WhitePosted 8/7/2014 6:56:51 PM
I've been gaming on PC for the last twenty plus years, so my answer is skewed that way. If you're not happy, then you're not happy -- no use in fighting that.

My advice: if you can sell your Xbox One and save a couple hundred more to build a rig built to last, then that's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

I really enjoy both the Xbox One and my PC, but my PC is and will always be numero uno when it comes to gaming. This site is pure gold: http://pcpartpicker.com

Good luck, brother!
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 8/7/2014 6:58:24 PM
PC is the only real next gen. Buuuut, unless you are really strapped for cash, Xbone isn't going to recoup much of of your investment into it, so you'd be better off keeping it and getting a PC in addition rather than to replace it. Just my opinion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#10DonVito1990Posted 8/7/2014 7:01:02 PM
Laylow12 posted...
You have no idea man, the PS4 is ultra fast OS, everything is smooth as butter. Games look FAR better and actually look next gen and the controller is sick. Much better exclusives, online and PS+ gives you good games.

It sucks but because you chose to speak the truth, you know they're going to turn on you around here, don't worry about though. There is far more players on PS side and you don't have to lie all the time or make up its positives, it's better at everything, so no need to lie.

What a load of fanboyish nonsense.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.