Having some serious buyer's remorse, thinking about flipping the switch.

#11Shura_SurplicePosted 8/7/2014 7:03:08 PM
This is a joke, right? or is this another Jedi?

Anyway, I've felt the same way pretty much since I got the One (in february)... the good thing is that I already bought the PS4, I am just waiting for it to arrive. Now I am selling the X1 and I am not sure if I will ever comeback (I am supposed to buy one to play with my friends)
#12DarthUchiha91Posted 8/7/2014 7:04:06 PM
I wish people would put laylow on ignore, or at least be considerate enough to not quote his posts.
---
Nobody likes you, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile, you $%^&ing douche.
#13VirobotPosted 8/7/2014 7:07:32 PM
Just build a gaming PC. You'll be much happier.

I'm glad I did.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#14Draconian-WhitePosted 8/7/2014 7:08:07 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
I wish people would put laylow on ignore, or at least be considerate enough to not quote his posts.

Much agreed.

Ignore seems to be the only option with that person.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#15Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 7:14:55 PM
Nah I don't want a PS4 and I can't justify keeping the Xbox One to myself, barely use it. I think PC only this gen will be the best option as i'm mostly playing RPG these days. Not sure though.

Might just sell it, I can still get some money on it.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#16Laylow12Posted 8/7/2014 7:16:57 PM
Draconian-White posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...

Much agreed.

Ignore seems to be the only option with that person.

Wassup SigmaLongshot? Im kinda surprised you're still carrying on this charade after getting caught but then again maybe not. Anything is fair game to rally the troops, eh?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17lostkiwiPosted 8/7/2014 7:23:04 PM(edited)
TC, there is no right or wrong answer, however here's an honest opinion about Console vs PC gaming.

Console Gaming is all about simplicity. The Console operating system has been built from the ground up around gaming. You have a single account. You have a unified trophy/achievement system. You have a single online store to purchase your content. You get a game and it will work on your system. It has been built specifically for the controller you have in your hand. It is built to work in the Lounge on that nice big screen you have, without any hassle.

PC gaming on the other hand can be a somewhat segmented experience. You will have a Steam Account, an Origin Account. a Battlenet account, a Games for Windows Account, etc. You will be playing on an operating system that was only built to support gaming rather than an operating system built around gaming. And your gaming experience can be a somewhat distracted experience too. It's less stable due to non standardized hardware. Controllers may or may not be supported depending on the game. Playing in the lounge is possible but also has an additional setup overhead. The games themselves are far more restrictive, DRM wise. Silly restrictions like online only are far more common, as well as a number of other annoying but not game breaking policies.

The reward for that price though is the flexibility. PC's offer the greatest graphical fidelity and performance. PC's offer far more utility outside of gaming. And PC's offer far more flexibility and customization.

Personally I moved away from the PC (for which I was a gamer on for near 20 years) just because I prefer the simplicity of the Console eco cycle, and I like having a unified account. However that's just due to my pace of life now. There was a time where I used to prefer the flexibility that is offered with PC gaming.

On a side note, the PC's offer a far larger library of games that any of the consoles, however ironically also receive the smallest number of triple A exclusives (on account of not having a first party developer).
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#18BruceWayneJrPosted 8/7/2014 7:19:11 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
If games like halo MCC, gears, forza, fable, interest you stick with x one.

Tell your bosses at Xbawks that none of those games are system sellers, ESPECIALLY with that Halo stuff coming out for the PC.
#19SwiftXZPosted 8/7/2014 7:21:20 PM
Why not own both?
---
GT:SwiftXZ
#20pobbesPosted 8/7/2014 7:31:25 PM
if you already have a decent PC, why not own both? your PC doesn't have to be uber good and reach ultra graphics every game... unless you're that kind of guy. Honestly i'm a PS4 user, and i may bash the xbone a lot, but it's still a pretty good console, and games will come to it eventually. Also, KH3 and FF15 aren't coming out for PC i think.

You also mention you play mostly RPGs now, but then you got an Xbone? mmm weird choice tbh. not saying that MS consoles don't have RPGs, but if you mostly play RPGs, the Sony console would've been a better choice.