Having some serious buyer's remorse, thinking about flipping the switch.

#21dataDyneSoldierPosted 8/7/2014 7:33:22 PM
I'd go for it, TC. A good gaming PC will stomp a console as far as graphics go.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#22LEGEND_725Posted 8/7/2014 7:37:29 PM
BruceWayneJr posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
If games like halo MCC, gears, forza, fable, interest you stick with x one.

Tell your bosses at Xbawks that none of those games are system sellers, ESPECIALLY with that Halo stuff coming out for the PC.

I expected higher intelligence from batman a son :(
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#23SparkItUpPosted 8/7/2014 7:40:14 PM
Virobot posted...
Just build a gaming PC. You'll be much happier.

I'm glad I did.

^ this...PC is the way to go these days. You just don't get the same bang for your buck with consoles (regardless of which you buy) as you used to. I'd definitely recommend going PC if that is a realistic option for you Jedi.
#24IcedXplozivePosted 8/7/2014 7:48:51 PM
Id say wait till years end and if you still arent satisfied go with the pc option
#25SparkItUpPosted 8/7/2014 7:52:46 PM
IcedXplozive posted...
Id say wait till years end and if you still arent satisfied go with the pc option

I think he can already see what is coming down the pipe between now & the end of the year...no need for him to wait (it makes no sense to do so).
#26Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 8:37:21 PM
I've made my mind up and decided to convert to fully PC. Don't know why I was hesitant about it.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#27Laylow12Posted 8/7/2014 8:51:56 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I've made my mind up and decided to convert to fully PC. Don't know why I was hesitant about it.

Good call man! Now you won't have as much junk lying around the house.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#28BruceWayneJrPosted 8/7/2014 9:10:33 PM(edited)
LEGEND_725 posted...
BruceWayneJr posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
If games like halo MCC, gears, forza, fable, interest you stick with x one.

Tell your bosses at Xbawks that none of those games are system sellers, ESPECIALLY with that Halo stuff coming out for the PC.

I expected higher intelligence from batman a son :(

And I don't expect a t*roll like you to be anything but blind.
#29TOhasNoRingPosted 8/7/2014 9:12:26 PM
If you don't have a job, how much money do yo even have to build a gaming pc? I mean you wont get that much for the xbox one, so do you have some sort of money stash laying away?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#30MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/7/2014 9:19:50 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I bought an Xbox One at launch because I wanted a next gen console (current gen now) and I loved the original Xbox and Xbox 360, so naturally I preferred the brand as a whole over Playstation or Nintendo, despite having owned every Playstation prior to PS4 and some Nintendo consoles.

Since launch i've been having annoyances and little issues that bug the hell out of me, no technical issues with hardware or anything, but User interface annoyances, mandatory/ slow installation annoyances, frustration with the console not automatically connecting to the internet, the abandoning of the kinect, exclusive games going to other consoles/ PC and Microsoft's whole marketing set up with the Xbox One. I've just been a fanboy and a hypocrite, hoping things would get better, but they just haven't.

Basically, to me, the system just feels like a weak PC. The reason why i'm saying this is because they've taken all of the convenience of owning a console out and made it function more like a PC. I owned a gaming PC a few years back and knew they were a pain to work with, but I understand they're a great alternative to console now. I have no interest in buying a PS4 because it still functions the same way as Xbox One.

The whole reason why I made this post is i'm asking you guys what I should do, i'm thinking about going PC only for current gen (still own a PS3, 360 and OG Xbox which i'll keep) because the overall costs associated with a console now is more compared to PC.

Should I sell my Xbox One at a loss and just build a gaming PC (I know how to do) or do I stick with the Xbox One and hope things improve with the system?

To put things in perspective, i've gamed majorly on console all my life. I don't work, so I can't afford to build a PC and own an Xbox One.

TD;LR I'm having buyer's remorse, the Xbox One is frustrating me with minor and major issues, so i'm thinking about selling it to put towards a gaming PC.

I see through the lies of the Jedi454. I do not fear the Microsoft side as you do!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.