Having some serious buyer's remorse, thinking about flipping the switch.

#51Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 11:55:37 PM
CKnight posted...
I think TC is one of those people who will buy the same console 3 or 4 times a generation.

I can't tell you how many topics I read where someone went from X1 to PS4, PS4 to X1, PS4 and X1 to Wii U to PC, back to X1 and PS4, ect , ect.

The reasons are always flimsy and indicative of impatience(the how come all the good games aren't out right this minute attitude), indecisiveness(they don't know what they really want and gaming needs and want change with the weather.) Or plain impulsive.

That's not right at all, i've had a Xbox 360 since 2008, had my original fat 360 pro for 5 years, it was still working and I traded it to a friend at the start of this year to get a 360 slim. I had a Playstation 3 from 2011 to 2013, but needed to sell it due to finances.

I've given this console a fair chance and I can't stand it! It's not offline proof, the installations are too slow and mandatory, the User Interface is sluggish, despite looking nice, Microsoft isn't approaching it with many new titles, like I love stuff like Forza, Halo and Gears, but they aren't getting some more variety.

To put things in perspective, I went to the midnight launch for the Xbox One, got it with a copy of Ghosts and Fifa. Ghosts took you, I kid you not, 3 hours hours after we put the disc machine before I could play it. I ended up playing 5 minutes with a mate, it was almost 4am and I turned my console off.

My gaming needs have matured over time, so i've been acquiring more RPGs, so I bought another PS3 for JRPGs and stuff like Demon's Souls, I've been aching to get a proper gaming PC again because i'm wanting to play Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, older titles, The Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin and so on. The PS4 is going to become a multi platform station with majorly shooters and racers as well, like the Xbox One, so I don't see the need to buy one of them either.

These consoles are too heavily reliant on their services as a buying point and DLC. Games are so expensive for console in Australia ($75-100 AUD), then I go onto a site like G2A and AAA titles for PC are $46.72 AUD. You do the math, you end up saving hundreds of dollars in the long run, i've just been in denial the whole time.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#52TheGam3925Posted 8/7/2014 11:55:56 PM
I don't believe the TC.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#53Shadowfxd2Posted 8/7/2014 11:58:40 PM
sell it and get a gaming PC. Most if not all Xbone games will be on PC anyways, with better fps and 1080p.
#54slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 12:07:13 AM
Jedi454 posted...
It's not offline proof, the installations are too slow and mandatory, the User Interface is sluggish, despite looking nice, Microsoft isn't approaching it with many new titles, like I love stuff like Forza, Halo and Gears, but they aren't getting some more variety.

why is offline proof an issue? how often are you offline?
installations slow? that is your experience. mine have been, depending on the size, fairly rapid. i've had nothing go as long as 3 hours. incidently, did you see how big cod ghosts was though? ridiculous
UI sluggish? not mine, nor anyone that i know.
new titles? there are plenty in the pipeline. both consoles have been out 5 minutes. give them a chance

again, it sounds to me like your console has got a couple issues. plus, you seem to be spending your time justifying going back to pc gaming rather than actually weighing up all the pro's and cons of what you currently have.

again, i dont really care what you do. just my tuppence worth.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#55Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:36:12 AM(edited)
slowdog76 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
It's not offline proof, the installations are too slow and mandatory, the User Interface is sluggish, despite looking nice, Microsoft isn't approaching it with many new titles, like I love stuff like Forza, Halo and Gears, but they aren't getting some more variety.

why is offline proof an issue? how often are you offline?
installations slow? that is your experience. mine have been, depending on the size, fairly rapid. i've had nothing go as long as 3 hours. incidently, did you see how big cod ghosts was though? ridiculous
UI sluggish? not mine, nor anyone that i know.
new titles? there are plenty in the pipeline. both consoles have been out 5 minutes. give them a chance

again, it sounds to me like your console has got a couple issues. plus, you seem to be spending your time justifying going back to pc gaming rather than actually weighing up all the pro's and cons of what you currently have.

again, i dont really care what you do. just my tuppence worth.

Read the original post, I never did most of my gaming on PC, i've always been doing majority of my gaming on console. Heck, Fallout 3 GOTY edition came out a few months after I built my first gaming PC and I ended up buying that for 360.
---
The new TMNT movie looks like garbage.
#56slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 12:28:52 AM
you contradicted yourself there. i know what you meant though.

ok, so take the word "back" out of what i said. it doesn't negate anything i said
---
Confucius
#57mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 12:57:21 AM
When I saw "flipping the switch" I thought you meant go to PS4, so I came in here to say don't do it, it's nothing but buyer's remorse on that side of the fence as well.

But if you mean getting a gaming PC, yes. Do it, especially if you want to get rid of an Xbone. Microsoft seems intent on making sure all its exclusives go to PC as well so you won't be missing out on anything.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#58mjc0961Posted 8/8/2014 1:00:22 AM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
I wish people would put laylow on ignore, or at least be considerate enough to not quote his posts.

---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#59Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/8/2014 1:49:09 AM
so you were into jrpg's but you bought an xbox1
#60slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 1:50:48 AM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
so you were into jrpg's but you bought an xbox1

oh yeah, about that. i dont care too much for the genre, but isn't the 3ds the platform of choice for that now?
---
Confucius