So, why is this whole "exclusive thing a big deal?

#1shamfuruPosted 8/8/2014 2:29:18 AM(edited)
Two games are coming to Steam.

Games that still require the same specs as a modern console (which knocks out quite a few PC users).

I have already played both of these games all the way through months ago to my satisfaction. No porting issues. I enjoyed the Kinect integration, and I love the X1 controller (since the X1 controller was given PC drivers I have benched the PS4 controller I was using previously). Each was a solid experience considering they were designed for a single system instead of a wide variety of disparate, OEM parts like on PC.

No, I'm not disappointed as I got my money's worth out of the games and what you people now get to do with them does not affect me. I guarantee you I am not the only person who feels like this (maybe the only person on Gamefaqs, but you sometimes forget sane people sometimes exist outside of "internet gamer culture").

If anything, I am extremely glad the anti-xbox weirdos and PC-only users get to play them as they are both quite enjoyable.

Now, I know that a pro-Xbox thread with a measured, non-inflammatory tone on this board is against multiple points of the TOS (apparently constant blind hate, literal fanaticism from the Sony camp, and even a 500-post Travon Martin thread has been proven time and time again to be perfectly fine and even encouraged on the board via the way the mods have done their jobs), but I truly feel this needed to be said karma rating be damned. Hell, if this was November 2013, any positive posts toward the Xbox would be an instant permanent IP ban, so at least we are progressing in some ways.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#2dnmtPosted 8/8/2014 2:43:14 AM
Less exclusives = less reasons to own this specific console when the PS4 and a mid-range PC outshine it in every single way.
#3slowdog76Posted 8/8/2014 2:49:22 AM
i have no idea who replied, or what they said, sufficed to say that they are on my ignore list, and that doesn't surprise me

the exclusive thing is not an issue. it is just this weeks topic of choice by the trolls and fanboys in their quite bizarre pass-time and hobby, namely hanging around message boards and trying to belittle others.

Last week it was EA Access. Next week it will be something else.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#4shamfuru(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 2:53:04 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
Less exclusives = less reasons to own this specific console when the PS4 and a mid-range PC outshine it in every single way.
I'll bite.

These games were exclusive (hell they still are for months, and even then it is only to Windows-based PCs who can run them) when I played them and beat them like a bad cold.

DR3 and Ryse are being released to PC a year later with no word on how well the port was done (the new fairweather PC fans were not around before console ports were even moderately playable). It will probably be close to another year before they are $10 and the average Steam teenager (not all of them are actually teens, but most do act like it) will buy it.

By the time you have it in your hands I will have already moved on for close to a year. Plus you having the games does not automatically make my copy that i pop in once in a while disappear.

This is no more akin to tossing table scraps away. Again, why should I care?
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#5InterzoneMantraPosted 8/8/2014 2:52:19 AM
I guess it kinda defeats the purpose of getting an xbox one if you can play the exclusives elsewhere. You don't need an xbox one to play titanfall, ryse, or dead rising 3 or even the upcoming forza horizon. Plus the multiplats run better on the ps4 for the same price. All those things makes the x1 less in demand from a business standpoint.
#6shamfuru(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 2:57:18 AM
InterzoneMantra posted...
I guess it kinda defeats the purpose of getting an xbox one if you can play the exclusives elsewhere. You don't need an xbox one to play titanfall, ryse, or dead rising 3 or even the upcoming forza horizon. Plus the multiplats run better on the ps4 for the same price. All those things makes the x1 less in demand from a business standpoint.

But the Xbox One was Titanfall's main console, it played like it was made for the console.

Also, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse will be old news by the time the PC versions come out. Do you people not realize what a year later means?

Also, multiplats are not designed or optimized for specific systems. Like PC games, you have to make them run on a wide variety of hardware instead of a static system. Its why Android apps are often buggy as hell at best and iOS apps are expected to be 10/10 levels of flawless to even survive.
---
#7WarsuhPosted 8/8/2014 3:02:31 AM
Ryse and DR3 are made by 3rd party studios. And were almost certain to be released to other platforms. It is quite clear that Ryse has been in the process of a PC port for a while since they already have PC screenshots of it. You can almost guarantee that very few if any 1st party studios owned by Microsoft will release their games on PC after being X1 exclusive. The people that think that every game is going to PC are morons TC.
#8Revival125Posted 8/8/2014 3:04:49 AM
shamfuru posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...

But the Xbox One was Titanfall's main console, it played like it was made for the console.

Also, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse will be old news by the time the PC versions come out. Do you people not realize what a year later means?

Also, multiplats are not designed or optimized for specific systems. Like PC games, you have to make them run on a wide variety of hardware instead of a static system. Its why Android apps are often buggy as hell at best and iOS apps are expected to be 10/10 levels of flawless to even survive.

Can you not get that it does not matter that they are a year old and "old news", unless you happen to think 4 million is the maximum sales the bone can get? Because I'm thinking MS have ambitions to sell more consoles all the time, and therefore new potential xbone buyers will see for a fact that they don't need to buy an xbone to play dead rising 3. Titanfall and ryse. It does not matter one iota how old they are.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#9shamfuru(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 3:04:57 AM
Warsuh posted...
Ryse and DR3 are made by 3rd party studios. And were almost certain to be released to other platforms. It is quite clear that Ryse has been in the process of a PC port for a while since they already have PC screenshots of it. You can almost guarantee that very few if any 1st party studios owned by Microsoft will release their games on PC after being X1 exclusive. The people that think that every game is going to PC are morons TC.

I like you.
---
#10InterzoneMantraPosted 8/8/2014 3:16:17 AM(edited)
shamfuru posted...
But the Xbox One was Titanfall's main console, it played like it was made for the console

It's called marketing. They're trying to sell x1s, so of course they'll promote x1 as titanfall's main console. . Titanfall plays pretty much the same if not better and looks better on the pc than the 360 or the x1.

They'res nothing wrong with playing a game that's a year old. If it's good then people will still play it. Look at old games being remastered with updated graphics and framerate and ppl are still buying them. (tombraider, last of us, gta5 halo remastered etc).Besides Not everyone plays a game when it first releases. I still haven't played dead rising 3, and i will wait for it to come out on pc.