Crytek not happy with Ryse X1 Sales

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/8/2014 5:21:24 AM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/crytek-not-happy-with-ryse-xbox-one-sales
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#2ace_two_maxPosted 8/8/2014 5:25:17 AM(edited)
“Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important,” said Yerli to Eurogamer."

Sound like they are considering PS4, I hope not, I rather they focus on something else.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 8/8/2014 5:24:57 AM
Well it's a mediocre game...
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#4spacejamjordanzPosted 8/8/2014 5:26:29 AM
Three things I took from that.

1. Crytek isn't satisfied with Ryse's sales on XB1.
2. Ryse 2 isn't officially canned.
3. Ryse 2 could be mulitplatform.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#5Jiggy101011Posted 8/8/2014 5:30:53 AM
Ryse is a great game, hopefully the sales will pick up now that it is coming to PC. They set the story up for a sequel in a different timeline so I'm hoping it gets made because the rumor is they were going to medieval times next.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#6Jiggy101011Posted 8/8/2014 5:34:28 AM
ace_two_max posted...
“Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important,” said Yerli to Eurogamer."

Sound like they are considering PS4, I hope not, I rather they focus on something else.

I got from that "Microsoft tried to buy our IP to make it exclusive but we opted against it.... even though our company really needs the money right now."
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#7bridog346Posted 8/8/2014 5:36:19 AM
I enjoyed this game, but it was definitely mediocre and mediocre games get mediocre sales regardless of platform. And if it wasn't a launch day game it would have probably done way worse. I do hope they make another one multiplat or not because there's a lot of potential.
---
The destruction of everything is the beginning of something new.
#8lunaticcorePosted 8/8/2014 5:38:51 AM
The game probably sold double just by being an pretty looking "exclusive" launch game.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#9billOrileyPosted 8/8/2014 5:42:02 AM
game is trash, why are they surprised by this?
#10LapanuiPosted 8/8/2014 6:05:17 AM
I don't think Crytek are known for creating great experiences. I didn't really find Crysis 2 to be that amazing and I played a bit of Crysis and I wasn't really that impressed.

They are all about having the best graphics and a better engine than other developers.

They made the first Far Cry, they made the Crysis series, Warface, Ryse and a couple of little games. Pretty much went downhill when they started developing for consoles.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1