Question about PC vs Console...

#1foundryGodPosted 8/8/2014 5:35:28 AM(edited)
For those of you that game on consoles and PC, a thought occurred to me. A console is typically connected to a TV and you normally don't sit right up on it. A PC is typically connected to a monitor(or sitting in your lap), and you are normally quite close. I have a 55" LG led and sit at least 7' away. If I half that distance my picture quality seems to improve. Drastically. My question is, do PC games look better because of the distance from the monitor, or is it truly something else? I mean, both my TV and a monitor are 1080p. I am only referring to multiplat games btw. Not trying to start anything, just honestly curious.
---
GT: mustang197
#2Pixx0Posted 8/8/2014 5:59:49 AM(edited)
foundryGod posted...
For those of you that game on consoles and PC, a thought occurred to me. A console is typically connected to a TV and you normally don't sit right up on it. A PC is typically connected to a monitor(or sitting in your lap), and you are normally quite close. .

are you back from the 80s?

Get out, get some facts, then come back and maybe we'll have some serious talk this time.

2/10

ps: that seems harsh but that comment is so cliche it deserved that kind of reply. How can people be so ignorant about stuff like this in this day and age, with all the tech stuff around.

hint, since you seem serious and not trolling: type pc couch gaming on google
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#3GeistPosted 8/8/2014 6:03:14 AM
PC gamers get so mad over the simplest things.
---
If you are replying to my opinion, realize first that I do not care.
#4ExempliGratiaPosted 8/8/2014 6:09:32 AM
Pixx0 posted...
foundryGod posted...
For those of you that game on consoles and PC, a thought occurred to me. A console is typically connected to a TV and you normally don't sit right up on it. A PC is typically connected to a monitor(or sitting in your lap), and you are normally quite close. .

are you back from the 80s?

Get out, get some facts, then come back and maybe we'll have some serious talk this time.

2/10

ps: that seems harsh but that comment is so cliche it deserved that kind of reply. How can people be so ignorant about stuff like this in this day and age, with all the tech stuff around.

hint, since you seem serious and not trolling: type pc couch gaming on google

Wow way to take what he said out of context. He's asking about the quality of the picture relative to the distance of the screen.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#5Pixx0Posted 8/8/2014 6:10:14 AM
Geist posted...

Yet, console only gamers cannot figure out the simplest things. Ain't it funny?
---
#6Pixx0Posted 8/8/2014 6:12:35 AM
ExempliGratia posted...

Wow way to take what he said out of context. He's asking about the quality of the picture relative to the distance of the screen.

I didn't reply to this point which is legitimate. But pointed out at the usual general cliche ( which is another point). Learn to read, then try to understand what you read ;)

Now if it's just a question about picture quality, no need to bring the PC argument here.

Make a test with a console at short distance, then one at longer distance.

Ouch!
---
#7assassin10133Posted 8/8/2014 6:13:24 AM
Games look better on PC because they tend to have much better hardware and can push out better graphics, resolutions etc than consoles, has nothing to do with how close you sit to the screen. I have a 47" tv and a 27" monitor I game on, both 1080P. The picture on the 27" looks noticeably better when connected to the same source mainly due to the fact that a smaller screen at the same resolution will have a higher pixel density, helps make the picture looks better. I play better and can see things better on my 27" monitor compared to the 47" tv.
---
X360, XB1, PS4, Gaming Laptop - Core i7 4700MQ, 16GB DDR3 1600, Radeon R9 m290X 4GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
#8ExempliGratiaPosted 8/8/2014 6:30:04 AM
Pixx0 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

I didn't reply to this point which is legitimate. But pointed out at the usual general cliche ( which is another point). Learn to read, then try to understand what you read ;)

Now if it's just a question about picture quality, no need to bring the PC argument here.

Make a test with a console at short distance, then one at longer distance.

Ouch!

... Did you read his post? Reread it again and then let me know if this rant you went on made sense.

Here's a spoiler

It didn't.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#9GeistPosted 8/8/2014 6:32:56 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Geist posted...

Yet, console only gamers cannot figure out the simplest things. Ain't it funny?

Haha! Right to trolling. You guys really need to chill.
---
If you are replying to my opinion, realize first that I do not care.
#10Puckswack12Posted 8/8/2014 6:37:17 AM
assassin10133 posted...
Games look better on PC because they tend to have much better hardware and can push out better graphics, resolutions etc than consoles, has nothing to do with how close you sit to the screen. I have a 47" tv and a 27" monitor I game on, both 1080P. The picture on the 27" looks noticeably better when connected to the same source mainly due to the fact that a smaller screen at the same resolution will have a higher pixel density, helps make the picture looks better. I play better and can see things better on my 27" monitor compared to the 47" tv.

This, tc.

Pc, console, whatever. Things look crisper on smaller screens up closer.

I hope that answers your question, as its a pretty ridiculous one.
---
Yup