So X1 only has 1 game is exclusive to only the X1 now.

#121Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/8/2014 1:32:22 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
They're console exclusives.

Most people that own consoles don't have a PC or want one.

If you want a good PC, it's about $1,000, plus you have to use Windows. Plus, you have to upgrade the graphics card. PC's are great, but most don't want to deal with that. There are also many advantages of having a console (you just put the disc in and play, you can trade in games).

if they're on pc then theyre not exclusive to consoles so they're not "console exclusive".

They are console exclusive.

Console exclusive means they are available only on that console. That's what the word means. Like Rogue Legacy is a console exclusive PS3/PS4 title, because it's also on the PC. At least that's how many people, such as Wikipedia, use the term.

Also, you do realize that Microsoft is close to PC gaming, so a lot of the Xbox exclusive games have been on the PC as well, such as KOTOR or Star Wars Republic Commando and even the Halo games.

Lots of Xbox exclusive games have been on PC as well.

so if i say something is "PS4 exclusive" and it comes on something that isn't a PS4 then the term is false but if I say something is "console exclusive" and it comes on something that isn't a console it's true?

SMH
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#122imjustdatnicePosted 8/8/2014 1:35:32 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

If you want a good PC, it's about $1,000, plus you have to use Windows. Plus, you have to upgrade the graphics card. PC's are great, but most don't want to deal with that. There are also many advantages of having a console (you just put the disc in and play, you can trade in games).

if they're on pc then theyre not exclusive to consoles so they're not "console exclusive".

Console exclusive means they are available only on that console. That's what the word means. Like Rogue Legacy is a console exclusive PS3/PS4 title, because it's also on the PC. At least that's how many people, such as Wikipedia, use the term.

Also, you do realize that Microsoft is close to PC gaming, so a lot of the Xbox exclusive games have been on the PC as well, such as KOTOR or Star Wars Republic Commando and even the Halo games.

How is something exclusive to consoles if you don't need a console to play it? If it's on PC and consoles then it's not exclusive being that it's on two platforms. It's not console exclusive either because u don't need a console to play it. It's available on a platform other than consoles so it can't be exclusive to consoles.
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), Payday 2 (PS3), Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, Watchdogs(PS4), TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#123justchill433Posted 8/8/2014 1:38:03 PM
ScRui posted...
Most gamers (which you guys would probably call casuals) have no clue about Arma or LoL or Dota or DayZ, etc... So to 90% of gamers these games are still Xbox ONE exclusives because all they know is, that you can't play it on PS4 or WiiU ...

Is that a joke? League of Legends is like the most popular game in existence. It's ridiculous how many people play and talk about it. Even the people at my job who don't play it know what it is...
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s LoL: Ikikaea
#124GoraishiPosted 8/8/2014 1:45:08 PM(edited)
ScRui posted...
To millions of gamers out there the ONLY thing they think of when it comes to games is Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo...

Yeah because wow doesn't have millions of subscribers (in fact wow has more subscribers at the moment than microsoft has sold xbones)... because d3 for pc didn't have millions of preorders. You have no clue what you're talking about.

The Xbone is quickly becoming irrelevant for anyone with a gaming capable pc, and there are clearly millions of us.
#125CarpetfluffPosted 8/8/2014 2:04:53 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Foreign Objects posted...
Exclusivity only matters between consoles, PC doesn't count.

Read the topic, Xbox one only has one game that is exclusive to the X1. Your statement is irrelevant

I read your topic, but it gave me a headache. Snappy isn't your thing.
#126s2RangerPosted 8/8/2014 2:04:57 PM
Tc why dont you and your pony boyfriends just piss off ?
#127aheroafakePosted 8/8/2014 2:07:30 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

How is something exclusive to consoles if you don't need a console to play it? If it's on PC and consoles then it's not exclusive being that it's on two platforms. It's not console exclusive either because u don't need a console to play it. It's available on a platform other than consoles so it can't be exclusive to consoles.

Console exclusive = available only one 1 game console.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#128CarpetfluffPosted 8/8/2014 2:10:59 PM
aheroafake posted...

Most people would consider console exclusive to mean it's only on console. You can't be a console exclusive if you're on PC too. About the only way to word it so it works for this argument is 'the only version available for home consoles' or something along those lines.
#129Xdz89Posted 8/8/2014 2:11:36 PM
xXVongolaReborn posted...
ScRui posted...
Great to hear PC gaming is doing great especially in the LoL and Dota2 championships with huge prizes...

But to say PC is where most consumers think of gaming is hilarious... If PC isn't a 'niche' place to play video games... Than explain to me why Steam doesn't have a hell of a lot more people on it and also why FREE GAMES like LoL and Dota2 don't have bigger numbers of players?

PC has the BIGGEST install base in gaming, yet it seems most PC owners aren't installing... PUN IS INTENDED!

Whoa whoa whoa.

LoL has 67 million monthly players and 27 million daily. It has more players than CoD had across all platforms at its peak in 2011 (40 million).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/27/riots-league-of-legends-reveals-astonishing-27-million-daily-players-67-million-monthly/

And that's ONE game.

PC gaming is NOT niche.

Not to be a naysayer, but I know many LoL players who use, on a daily basis I might add, 3-5 DIFFERENT LoL Accounts. Not to say that all LoL players have that many alts, bbut I would be willing to bet there are a lot of those 67mil monthly and 27mil daily players that are the same. This is not saying that even with those alts LoL isn't the biggest game around right now, just pointing out that these numbers might be totally botched by people who need to flame on LoL.

OT: XB1 exclusives will be fine. PS4 and XB1 were billed as "basically PCs" this console generation. I would think this would immediately translate to both of them porting more to the PC anyway then. I don't know why Sony wouldn't do this more too, to be honest. PC has a huge market worldwide and is relatively cheap to produce the content for after you get your console edition done. I will be buying MCC for my XB1, next year if and when it comes out on PC, I'll probably buy it again. Because I'm crazy and do that type of thing often.
---
Every fanboy will find fault with me, and thats ok. - the reasonable gamefaqs user mantra.
3ds fc: 1719-3834-6317 (pm to add please)
#130aheroafakePosted 8/8/2014 2:17:43 PM(edited)
Carpetfluff posted...
aheroafake posted...

Most people would consider console exclusive to mean it's only on console. You can't be a console exclusive if you're on PC too. About the only way to word it so it works for this argument is 'the only version available for home consoles' or something along those lines.

PCs aren't usually grouped in with the console war. It has been like that for quite a long time.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |