So X1 only has 1 game is exclusive to only the X1 now.

#41ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/8/2014 7:27:35 AM
ScRui posted...
lunaticcore posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
slowdog76 posted...
almost as ridiculous as not realising everyones situation or opinions aren't the same as your own and being condescending about it

The only thing I find ridiculous is calling a game on a console and PC a console exclusive.

For a console only gamer it is, because they are just going to flat out skip the game like it doesn't even exist if it isn't on a console anyways. Console gamers basically ignored and missed out on a whole major genre of games for years because the majority of FPS games weren't playable on consoles. Pretty much doing the same thing now with MMO's

100% this....

I don't own a gaming rig... Always had consoles, played a lot of age of empires and command and conquer, loved Rts once lol...

Out of everyone I physically know, I'm the ONLY gamer that knows about games only on PCs...

Most gamers (which you guys would probably call casuals) have no clue about Arma or LoL or Dota or DayZ, etc... So to 90% of gamers these games are still Xbox ONE exclusives because all they know is, that you can't play it on PS4 or WiiU ...

I know it is hard for hardcore gamers to realize that they are a very few minority when it comes to gaming on PC... Or even being knowledgeable about PC games LOL

That is beyond stupid. Guess what everyone I know games on consoles and PC, just because people don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it is not valid. That's like a PC only gamer not acknowledging a console port of a game because him and the majority of the people he knows don't play on consoles.
---
Valar morghulis
#42Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 8/8/2014 7:27:38 AM
MS obviously doesn't consider PC as console(which it isn't a console) competition.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif
#43ScRuiPosted 8/8/2014 7:34:38 AM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
ScRui posted...
lunaticcore posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
slowdog76 posted...
almost as ridiculous as not realising everyones situation or opinions aren't the same as your own and being condescending about it

The only thing I find ridiculous is calling a game on a console and PC a console exclusive.

For a console only gamer it is, because they are just going to flat out skip the game like it doesn't even exist if it isn't on a console anyways. Console gamers basically ignored and missed out on a whole major genre of games for years because the majority of FPS games weren't playable on consoles. Pretty much doing the same thing now with MMO's

100% this....

I don't own a gaming rig... Always had consoles, played a lot of age of empires and command and conquer, loved Rts once lol...

Out of everyone I physically know, I'm the ONLY gamer that knows about games only on PCs...

Most gamers (which you guys would probably call casuals) have no clue about Arma or LoL or Dota or DayZ, etc... So to 90% of gamers these games are still Xbox ONE exclusives because all they know is, that you can't play it on PS4 or WiiU ...

I know it is hard for hardcore gamers to realize that they are a very few minority when it comes to gaming on PC... Or even being knowledgeable about PC games LOL

That is beyond stupid. Guess what everyone I know games on consoles and PC, just because people don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it is not valid. That's like a PC only gamer not acknowledging a console port of a game because him and the majority of the people he knows don't play on consoles.

But my experience seems to be the consensus, and yours being the minority....

If your view was the majority you would see commercials about Arma and DayZ and LoL, Dota2 tourneys being marketed....

You can think you more important than you are, but PC gaming is niche compared to gaming on Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox ....

Go up to a 50 year old and ask what a PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo is and then ask what Steam is...

Go ahead and poll 100 people, not on the internet...

Don't fool yourself, what most people think of PC gaming is apps and angry birds, candy crush, clash of clans ...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#44SparkItUpPosted 8/8/2014 7:35:09 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
MS obviously doesn't consider PC as console(which it isn't a console) competition.

Of course they don't...they consider them customers.
#45ScRuiPosted 8/8/2014 7:37:06 AM
BTW, I have no issues with PC games and they are great fun to watch... For me atleast on twitch...

Just reality is reality... And PC is PC and consoles are consoles...

Different beasts...

*cheers to gaming anywhere, stop being fanpups people!!
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#46kingofjamaicaPosted 8/8/2014 7:39:49 AM
It's the only exclusive for now. Halo: MCC will most likely stay Xbox One exclusive, and Sunset Overdrive will probably depend on sales.

There are games coming down the pipe that will be exclusive too.

Either way, did people really expect there to be more Xbox One exclusives than PS4 exclusives? Sony has a lot more studios building games than Microsoft.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#47Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 8/8/2014 7:42:08 AM
My point is they wouldn't have ever released a Halo game for a competing console. So if a game is on X1 and PC they pretty much consider it exclusive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif
#48kingofjamaicaPosted 8/8/2014 7:42:26 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Of course they don't...they consider them customers.

Microsoft doesn't get any money from PC game sales unless they are the publisher. Sure, they get the initial OS cost, but how often do people really buy new OSs? I've been on Windows 7 for three years now, and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon unless Windows 9 has all of 8.1's performance boosts without all the Metro bull****.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#49ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 7:45:29 AM
A little off the subject, but still related...

Are Sony exclusives ever offered on PC? I mean, I get why a lot of 360 games were on PC, with the whole Microsoft relation and all. I assume that trend will continue with XBox One, although one can't be sure. But on the Sony exclusives, specifically from the PS3 era, are any of those playable on PC, or do they stay strictly Playstation? Anyone know? Thanks.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#50SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/8/2014 7:45:54 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
After the news about Ryse going to PC, that leaves just Forza 5 that can only be played on the X1. What is Microsoft thinking? The X1 exclusive list is shrinking, Sony has 3x the exclusives that can only be played on the PS4.

With Microsoft releasing the Masterchief mouse for the PC, along with Steam adding Halo game groups this year, MCC is probably coming to PC at the same time as X1. This makes it hard to even wanna own an X1 since I have a gaming PC.

No. 343i has said "They have no plans(for pc port) right now, but its not totally out of the question". I've been following the MCC religiously and can tell you the PC version will happen much later if ever.
---
gt: For Spartaa