Destiny Survey Shows 50% Will Play on PS4, 32% on Xbox One, 10% on Xbox 360 and

#21dnmtPosted 8/8/2014 9:51:07 AM
tubb311 posted...
So, i never go to this Dualshockers website, but based on the name I can only assume that most of their readers are PS fanboys. That and I also assume the website as a whole is Sony biased? Am i wrong?

You are wrong.
#22Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 8/8/2014 9:51:44 AM
lunaticcore posted...
That is a terrible sample size.

As it is with most polls and surveys.
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#23youngskillzPosted 8/10/2014 2:57:06 AM
tubb311 posted...
So, i never go to this Dualshockers website, but based on the name I can only assume that most of their readers are PS fanboys. That and I also assume the website as a whole is Sony biased? Am i wrong?

definitely, and destiny will sell the most on xbox.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#24EoinPosted 8/10/2014 3:09:14 AM
Puckswack12 posted...
I'm a little surprised more people aren't getting it for last gen systems.

Current generation games routinely outsell their last-generation counterparts. Most of the really active games players have moved over to the current generation. The people who still only have a PS3 and/or Xbox 360 are more numerous, but they buy far fewer games.

lunaticcore posted...

No, the sample size is fine. If this were a properly-done poll, on a population size of about 10m (and that's an optimistically high amount of Destiny sales), then this sample size would mean a margin of error of <3% based on a confidence level of 95%. That's pretty good. The problem is that this isn't a random sample - it's self-selected from a few small non-random groups. That's what casts the figures into doubt, not the sample size.
#25Miiri0Posted 8/10/2014 3:25:35 AM
well, every single multiplats are pretty much definitive on ps4 due to ps4 stronger hardware. so nothing new here.
#26kyncaniPosted 8/10/2014 3:34:33 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Seriously though the poll of the day here is already 10 times the sample size and thanks to the crazy skewed demographic make up of Gamefaqs this same poll would go way differently if done here.

This poll was also done on Neogaf and probably skewed out last gen users a bunch.

QFT.

This poll was made on Reddit, which is very much pro Xbox One, as far as being pro Xbox One goes anyway.

In reality, much less than 32% people will play on Xbox One.
#27levelshooterPosted 8/10/2014 3:34:57 AM
Miiri0 posted...
well, every single multiplats are pretty much definitive on ps4 due to ps4 stronger hardware. so nothing new here.

Like the 360/ps3 gen where the multiplats were significantly better on the technically weaker system?

There won't be a noticeable difference in a year or so unlike last gen
---
-come on Rare release a good banjo game. You know you want to :)
#28TheGam3925Posted 8/10/2014 3:47:08 AM
Xbox fanboys feel betrayed by Bungie going multiplatform, and pretend to not care about sales. In other news, water is wet.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#29VanderZooPosted 8/10/2014 4:30:10 AM
lunaticcore posted...

It's a good sample size. 1000 - 2000 is what they use for presidential approval ratings, and those are always within the margin of error.

Standard polling is usually between 400 - 1000.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#30SwiftXZPosted 8/10/2014 8:27:14 AM
Considering the amount of advertising that Sony put out on Destiny, this wouldn't be bad if the sample size is anything comparable to the true numbers when released. Either way I'm going to be having way too much fun to care as always.
---
GT:SwiftXZ