Metro Redux or Destiny having some second thoughts on Destiny after the beta

#1zerooo0Posted 8/8/2014 7:31:25 AM
As this board mostly knows I was not impressed at all by Destiny beta.

I'm trying to hold out hope that the pvp isn't as bland as it was in the beta with hopefully Bungie adding some unique game modes like they are known for, but I have my doubts here. For the Metro games how long will the both of them last around, and how long will their DLC last since it's included in the game.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2MrSpaM111Posted 8/8/2014 7:41:29 AM(edited)
Metro : Last Light's campaign is about 12 hours long give or take, the first one is about 10 hours, maybe a little less. As far as I know the dlc for metro is just extra guns and the 'hard mode', it doesn't have any extra story content.

It's a bit of a strange comparison tbh, considering Metro doesn't have any multiplayer elements whatsoever, and that's what you thought Destiny was lacking.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 7:49:23 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Metro : Last Light's campaign is about 12 hours long give or take, the first one is about 10 hours, maybe a little less. As far as I know the dlc for metro is just extra guns and the 'hard mode', it doesn't have any extra story content.

It's a bit of a strange comparison tbh, considering Metro doesn't have any multiplayer elements whatsoever, and that's what you thought Destiny was lacking.

I'm not trying to compare them or anything it's just the beta is giving me second thoughts, so I'm probably going to wait a week or two after Destiny then make up my decision. I just want a new FPS experience to pass the time to Halo:MCC. All I really viewed Destiny as a appetizer.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/8/2014 7:51:24 AM
I might get get metro, destiny didn't do it for me and I've never played metro. I prefer SP.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 7:55:18 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
destiny didn't do it for me and I've never played metro. I prefer SP.
---

Normally I prefer pvp or online multiplayer, but man Destiny from the beta I just felt nothing. I'm going to try and wait a few weeks after Destiny release to see if that just didn't show if off properly or Destiny has some more interesting game modes than just Domination. Even Call of Duty had the more fun game modes with Kill Confirmed being a blast.

Metro Redux seems like a nice change from games that I wouldn't normally play, but it is peaking my interest the more I see it.
---
#6The_Hitman_UKPosted 8/8/2014 7:56:03 AM
Destiny was a repetitive bore, get Metro.
---
Don't care for resolution and solid 30 fps is fine.
worshipping pieces of plastic lol
#7kennyynnooPosted 8/8/2014 7:57:39 AM
zerooo0 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
destiny didn't do it for me and I've never played metro. I prefer SP.
---

Normally I prefer pvp or online multiplayer, but man Destiny from the beta I just felt nothing. I'm going to try and wait a few weeks after Destiny release to see if that just didn't show if off properly or Destiny has some more interesting game modes than just Domination. Even Call of Duty had the more fun game modes with Kill Confirmed being a blast.

Metro Redux seems like a nice change from games that I wouldn't normally play, but it is peaking my interest the more I see it.

I suck at MP, I rarely play pvp because I only play every other day now. I've grown to appreciate a story now, I've also grown to get my ass kicked playing MP less and less.
---
#8cheezedadadaPosted 8/8/2014 8:05:39 AM(edited)
All I can say is that the Metro series kicks ass. Anyone who is a fan of single player, story-driven and atmospheric FPS games should def check it out. You said you have more of a PvP preference, but the change of pace could definitely be nice.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#9lunaticcorePosted 8/8/2014 8:10:09 AM(edited)
I am getting both, but honestly at this point I am more hyped for Last Light despite not really getting far into 2033 before I moved on out of disinterest.

The beta did kinda turned me off on how un-MMO Desitny is, and I always regretting passing up Last Light when it was the hype. I was always too busy to play it.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 8/8/2014 8:54:04 AM
zerooo0 posted...
As this board mostly knows I was not impressed at all by Destiny beta.

This made me laugh.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with Metro Redux. Both games are great, and the improvements will only make the collections that much better. I'm still getting Destiny, but I've just lowered my expectations a bit.
---
Don't post something you'd be ashamed to show your parents or your children.