I think for the next 6-7 years, there'll be a lot of HD remasters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think for the next 6-7 years, there'll be a lot of HD remasters

User Info: AmazingDany

AmazingDany
2 years ago#1
A gaming step back or good thing?

User Info: SculptorOvFlesh

SculptorOvFlesh
2 years ago#2
As long as they are the RIGHT remasters (not sleepingdogs/TLOU) then i'm fine with that.
Wouldnt mind some HD Front Mission or Parasite Eve. Hell, i'd settle for a HD Star Wars: RC.

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
2 years ago#3
When I purchase a remastered album or movie, I expect the quality to be so above and beyond the original that it's worth the double-down.

Just as SculptorOvFlesh indicated (nice name, btw), it depends on the game.
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum

SculptorOvFlesh
2 years ago#4
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
When I purchase a remastered album or movie, I expect the quality to be so above and beyond the original that it's worth the double-down.

Just as SculptorOvFlesh indicated (nice name, btw), it depends on the game.

Why thank you sir.

User Info: ChiliPup

ChiliPup
2 years ago#5
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
As long as they are the RIGHT remasters (not sleepingdogs/TLOU) then i'm fine with that.
Wouldnt mind some HD Front Mission or Parasite Eve. Hell, i'd settle for a HD Star Wars: RC.

Agree on your point that they should be the "right" remasters. Disagree about the two that you mentioned. TLOU remastered was an easy purchase for me, considering I got half off for trading in the PS3 version, and the other half off by trading in a handful of older games. As for Sleeping Dogs, I've made it well known that I am all over that one when it releases. Can't freaking wait. I never played it before.
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
2 years ago#6
There has been a ton of remaster for the last two generations. Hell the Xbox Live Arcade blew the doors wide open for a constant stream of rehashes.
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng

SculptorOvFlesh
2 years ago#7
ChiliPup posted...

Agree on your point that they should be the "right" remasters. Disagree about the two that you mentioned. TLOU remastered was an easy purchase for me, considering I got half off for trading in the PS3 version, and the other half off by trading in a handful of older games. As for Sleeping Dogs, I've made it well known that I am all over that one when it releases. Can't freaking wait. I never played it before.

It's fine to disagree. For me, I have Sleeping Dogs from GwG.Was not impressed. Brick like cars,character moves really odd. Combat is fun though, but everything else...ugh. As for TLOU, way to soon. Had Sony waited a few years, i feel it would have had a MUCH MUCH larger impact.

ChiliPup
2 years ago#8
On the subject of remasters, my absolute favorite has to be the Sly Cooper HD Collection for PS3. Have any of you guys tried that out? I was a big fan of Sly on the PS2, one of the original cell-shaded games, and masterful platforming. All three are remastered in HD and included on one blu-ray, with full trophy support. I got all three platinums and loved every freaking second of it. Besides, it's cheap as crazy now.

ChiliPup
2 years ago#9
As for TLOU, way to soon. Had Sony waited a few years, i feel it would have had a MUCH MUCH larger impact.

^ I agree to a point. It would have been more dramatic later. But I also totally understand why they did it. There was an immediate audience of new PS4 owners who never owned a PS3. With the obvious drought of quality games at the beginning of any new console generation, they knew it would be a cash cow... AGAIN. Pretty brilliant sales strategy if you ask me.

SculptorOvFlesh
2 years ago#10
Was well played by Sony. But the Value just isn't there for me. When you take it Side by side with MCC. I mean, 4 games for $60 or 1? the Halo 2 Remaster ALONE could have sold for $60. Like i said, for me, has to be the right Remasters.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think for the next 6-7 years, there'll be a lot of HD remasters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived