I think for the next 6-7 years, there'll be a lot of HD remasters

#1AmazingDanyPosted 8/8/2014 8:19:14 AM
A gaming step back or good thing?
#2SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 8:21:48 AM
As long as they are the RIGHT remasters (not sleepingdogs/TLOU) then i'm fine with that.
Wouldnt mind some HD Front Mission or Parasite Eve. Hell, i'd settle for a HD Star Wars: RC.
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 8/8/2014 8:24:06 AM
When I purchase a remastered album or movie, I expect the quality to be so above and beyond the original that it's worth the double-down.

Just as SculptorOvFlesh indicated (nice name, btw), it depends on the game.
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#4SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 8:29:33 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
When I purchase a remastered album or movie, I expect the quality to be so above and beyond the original that it's worth the double-down.

Just as SculptorOvFlesh indicated (nice name, btw), it depends on the game.

Why thank you sir.
#5ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 8:29:46 AM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
As long as they are the RIGHT remasters (not sleepingdogs/TLOU) then i'm fine with that.
Wouldnt mind some HD Front Mission or Parasite Eve. Hell, i'd settle for a HD Star Wars: RC.

Agree on your point that they should be the "right" remasters. Disagree about the two that you mentioned. TLOU remastered was an easy purchase for me, considering I got half off for trading in the PS3 version, and the other half off by trading in a handful of older games. As for Sleeping Dogs, I've made it well known that I am all over that one when it releases. Can't freaking wait. I never played it before.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#6lunaticcorePosted 8/8/2014 8:31:21 AM
There has been a ton of remaster for the last two generations. Hell the Xbox Live Arcade blew the doors wide open for a constant stream of rehashes.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 8:32:37 AM
ChiliPup posted...

Agree on your point that they should be the "right" remasters. Disagree about the two that you mentioned. TLOU remastered was an easy purchase for me, considering I got half off for trading in the PS3 version, and the other half off by trading in a handful of older games. As for Sleeping Dogs, I've made it well known that I am all over that one when it releases. Can't freaking wait. I never played it before.

It's fine to disagree. For me, I have Sleeping Dogs from GwG.Was not impressed. Brick like cars,character moves really odd. Combat is fun though, but everything else...ugh. As for TLOU, way to soon. Had Sony waited a few years, i feel it would have had a MUCH MUCH larger impact.
#8ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 8:32:47 AM
On the subject of remasters, my absolute favorite has to be the Sly Cooper HD Collection for PS3. Have any of you guys tried that out? I was a big fan of Sly on the PS2, one of the original cell-shaded games, and masterful platforming. All three are remastered in HD and included on one blu-ray, with full trophy support. I got all three platinums and loved every freaking second of it. Besides, it's cheap as crazy now.
---
#9ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 8:34:55 AM
As for TLOU, way to soon. Had Sony waited a few years, i feel it would have had a MUCH MUCH larger impact.

^ I agree to a point. It would have been more dramatic later. But I also totally understand why they did it. There was an immediate audience of new PS4 owners who never owned a PS3. With the obvious drought of quality games at the beginning of any new console generation, they knew it would be a cash cow... AGAIN. Pretty brilliant sales strategy if you ask me.
---
#10SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 8:38:43 AM
Was well played by Sony. But the Value just isn't there for me. When you take it Side by side with MCC. I mean, 4 games for $60 or 1? the Halo 2 Remaster ALONE could have sold for $60. Like i said, for me, has to be the right Remasters.