Xbox One + Steam = ?

#1frogman180Posted 8/8/2014 9:38:44 AM
Xbox One owners get excited. As you all know Microsoft has teased Big Surprises for Gamescom. Recently the Dota 2 Workshop Tools was discovered as a soft launch for Source Engine 2. A Reddit user delved deeper into the Workshop Tools’ and found some points that indicate presence of Source 2 files, but theirs more. On further investigation, it revealed that the engine might be coming to Xbox One.

Read more here:
http://gamingbolt.com/valve-games-coming-to-xbox-one-may-use-dedicated-servers

I did further digging and found an article posted Feb 26th with the creator of DayZ, Dean Hall saying exciting things were coming to Xbox One.

Article:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-creator-xbox-one-has-exciting-things-coming-can-t-share-details/1100-6417975/

And if i'm not mistaken Gabe Newell used to work at Microsoft.
In the end could MS and Valve have partnered, could steam streaming come to Xbox One, or steam games come to Xbox One. Who knows, but Microsoft said they have Big Surprises at Gamecom, could this be one of them?
#2SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 9:44:40 AM
Might just be code for games on Xbox One to run on Source Engine 2.
*shrug*
Tuesday can't come fast enough.
#3miethaPosted 8/8/2014 9:45:31 AM
IMO, that is VERY unlikely to happen. VERY unlikely. But if it did, it would literally be the greatest day in the history of gaming.
#4TOhasNoRingPosted 8/8/2014 9:46:05 AM
What time is the xbox press conference on Tuesday?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#5DooeboyPosted 8/8/2014 9:47:17 AM
just yesterday I had the though of steam being able to run on the Xbox one.

just imagine if you could run steam games on the Xbox one, the possibilitie.
---
"Making typos is not natural, it's carelessness or laziness. Or stupidity of course." by SainfFC of the GTA Online message board.
#6frogman180(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 9:47:38 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...

I think 8 am EST, correct me if i'm wrong.
#7SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/8/2014 9:48:45 AM(edited)
TOhasNoRing posted...

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Gamescom
Should give you your time zone.
#8XtremeclanPosted 8/8/2014 9:51:51 AM
mietha posted...
IMO, that is VERY unlikely to happen. VERY unlikely. But if it did, it would literally be the greatest day in the history of gaming.

---
GameFAQs... So easy a caveman could do it.
GT: One Called Rich... Steam: One Called Rich
#9vashkeyPosted 8/8/2014 10:09:41 AM
Indifferent. Wouldn't be surprised. Microsoft's probably gonna do any and everything in it's power to bring the xbox one to parity or superior to PS4 since it's behind. Steam's on PS4 right? So Microsoft will probably be more willing to bring it
#10frogman180(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:11:19 AM
vashkey posted...
Indifferent. Wouldn't be surprised. Microsoft's probably gonna do any and everything in it's power to bring the xbox one to parity or superior to PS4 since it's behind. Steam's on PS4 right? So Microsoft will probably be more willing to bring it

I don't think Steam is on PS4.