Naughty Dog going the way of Insomniac?

#21EllesarienPosted 8/8/2014 1:09:07 PM
x_Bravery posted...
Even if naughty dog were to leave the last of us is a game that was made for Sony and they would likely keep ownership of it.

They would have to make a whole new game (akin to bungie having no halo)...

Do you really think they would take a risk like that?

And why would they leave the leading brand and go to the console that is hardly keeping any exclusives?

Titanfall 2 to be multi plat as an example.

Did you really ask why a company would want to open up their revenue stream to another 4+ million gamers? Really?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22quickposterPosted 8/8/2014 1:13:00 PM
Depending on how Naughty Dog is classed they can go multiplatform.

Employees: They can create their own studio.
The company could probably be sold off.

But Last of Us is staying exclusive unless Sony drop out. It is their franchise.
#23Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/8/2014 1:14:01 PM
quickposter posted...

But Last of Us is staying exclusive unless Sony drop out. It is their franchise.

there's probably some kind of contract they have with sony that doesn't allow them to do this
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#24quickposterPosted 8/8/2014 1:17:59 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
there's probably some kind of contract they have with sony that doesn't allow them to do this

They can choose to leave once contracts are fulfilled (see Itagaki) or may just be sacked. But honestly I don't see either happening. Remember when Epic said they would love Gears on PS3? A person talking about something and actually acting on something are two different things.
#25hotgamerPosted 8/8/2014 1:19:17 PM
quickposter posted...

Except Sony is not gonna sell it and Naughty Dogs are happy with them.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#26CharadeSmithPosted 8/8/2014 1:20:34 PM
came into this topic expecting gold and was not disappointed
#27hrjPosted 8/8/2014 1:22:53 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...
Considering how many employees have left in the last few months, the developer will soon be a shadow of its former self.

LOL keep telling yourself that.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#28quickposterPosted 8/8/2014 1:23:33 PM
hotgamer posted...
Except Sony is not gonna sell it and Naughty Dogs are happy with them.

Presenting cases and expecting it to happen are two different things. We all know this isn't going to happen.
#29kennyynnooPosted 8/8/2014 1:24:11 PM
Why are we discussing this, if you like ND just buy a ps4 or ps3 also. I for one don't enjoy the games.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#30quickposterPosted 8/8/2014 1:25:37 PM
hrj posted...
LOL keep telling yourself that.

There is truth to that statement. I will be shocked if Bioware isn't down the toilet soon. Regardless of how good a company is losing one single person can turn the company down for the worse.