Naughty Dog going the way of Insomniac?

#31CKnightPosted 8/8/2014 1:25:57 PM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
depends if Sony has the money to keep the first party.
If not, Microsoft has enough to get them to go Multiplat.

Naughty Dog is wholly owned by Sony Computer Entertainment.

so?? They can still lose the talent.
They can reform, or join a different studio.

Talent can be replaced. Contrary to message boards Halo 4 is a huge hit and every CoD after MW2 save for Ghost have been hits. And I'm sure Gears 4 will be a hit.

Talent is out there. I'm sure people are itching at the chance to work on a major title in a major studio.

It's already been proved than you don't have to rely on the same old developers. They can leave and do other projects and their franchises will go on.
#32RexCarsPosted 8/8/2014 1:28:16 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...
Considering how many employees have left in the last few months, the developer will soon be a shadow of its former self.

Do people actually believe crap like this?
#33aheroafakePosted 8/8/2014 1:29:28 PM
RexCars posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...
Considering how many employees have left in the last few months, the developer will soon be a shadow of its former self.

*looks at Infinity Ward*

Yeah, I can believe it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#34hrjPosted 8/8/2014 1:29:33 PM
quickposter posted...
hrj posted...
LOL keep telling yourself that.

There is truth to that statement. I will be shocked if Bioware isn't down the toilet soon. Regardless of how good a company is losing one single person can turn the company down for the worse.

Well we'll know soon enough when Uncharted 4 comes out.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#35RybalPosted 8/8/2014 1:32:59 PM
allensdiner posted...
this review makes subtle hints about the possibility of a multi platform release of future installments of tlou.

That must have been too subtle for me, since I just read the article and found nothing even suggesting this as a possibility.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#36RexCarsPosted 8/8/2014 1:34:49 PM
aheroafake posted...
RexCars posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

*looks at Infinity Ward*

Yeah, I can believe it.

Whatever you say tiger
#37SubSeenixPosted 8/8/2014 1:36:26 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Can't Naughty Dog pull a Bungie, ask to be released/sold?

Unlike Bungie Naughty Dog can do whatever they want

If Naughty Dog wants to do a new IP they can do it.

If Bungie wanted to do something new they got told "Go make Halo"
Bungie already asked around at Blizzard at 2008 for tips for a new big game - This game today is Destiny.Im pretty sure they asked Microsoft if they could do that.
Well now its a pretend exclusive for the PS4 and will move million of consoles and sell the biggest share of sold games on it too =)

Naughty Dog is happy at Sony - They get the love Bungie always wanted from Microsoft.
Microsoft only wanted the Halo IP and not the developer behind it.
Sony knows the value of Naughty Dog aka every Game has a Metacritic of 92 and higher and gets thousands of awards.
#38tobydammitPosted 8/8/2014 1:43:26 PM
allensdiner posted...
the xbox1 has already received the support of insomniac, a former sony ally. naughty dog could go the same way. this review makes subtle hints about the possibility of a multi platform release of future installments of tlou.

Just read the review, those "hints" must be so subtle that they are, in fact, non-existent. Where are the hints, buddy?
#39allensdiner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 1:55:12 PM
tobydammit posted...
allensdiner posted...
the xbox1 has already received the support of insomniac, a former sony ally. naughty dog could go the same way. this review makes subtle hints about the possibility of a multi platform release of future installments of tlou.

Just read the review, those "hints" must be so subtle that they are, in fact, non-existent. Where are the hints, buddy?

oh they are there. did everyone read the review? read it again, its there.
#40aheroafakePosted 8/8/2014 2:10:32 PM
RexCars posted...
aheroafake posted...
RexCars posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

*looks at Infinity Ward*

Yeah, I can believe it.

Whatever you say tiger

What a well thought out rebuttal.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |