I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!
2 years ago#1
I just can't get into Battlefield and the COD series isn't really that corridor. I want a dark game with insane guns, ammo packs, health packs and off the wall multiplayer.
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
2 years ago#2
I wouldn't call Quake or Doom a corridor shooter at all, they're far more open than CoD, and Battlefield isn't a corridor shooter either...

That being said, try Painkiller.

I haven't played these two, but I've heard good things about the new Wolfenstein, and Killing Floor.
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
2 years ago#3
Mr_Sociopath posted...
I wouldn't call Quake or Doom a corridor shooter at all, they're far more open than CoD, and Battlefield isn't a corridor shooter either...

That being said, try Painkiller.

I haven't played these two, but I've heard good things about the new Wolfenstein, and Killing Floor.

Yeah perhaps my wording is all off and my thought to paper not very accurate. I know BF is not corridor haha, It's just the latest FPS hype right now. I know that Quake and Doom have some pretty open spaces but they are still so confined. I believe they are considered corridor shooters but I could be wrong.

I basically just want a game (even an arcade download) that pays homage to those old school classics.

I'll look into Killing Floor, didn't mine Painkiller it was pretty good.
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
2 years ago#4
Yes we need a game with no regenerating health and force you to think and backtrack for those health packs.

I miss games that provided actual challenge. Yes there are still a few out there but most games we get are dumbed down for the masses.
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
2 years ago#5
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add me~
Xbox Live: Bad Luck Ink | Twitch: badluckink
2 years ago#6
I didn't play quake 1 but I had the second one for pc and loved it. I think it was the second one, what's the one you fight sheogorath at the end? Anyways it's that one.
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
2 years ago#7
The Quake Epsilon Mod is amazing, for Quake 1. You can download the mod, it comes with a few levels. If you want the full game, you simply drop two files from your quake install into the mod folder. It looks and feels so good.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
2 years ago#8
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
2 years ago#9
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
2 years ago#10
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived