I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

#1RuinerEraserPosted 8/8/2014 12:49:51 PM
I just can't get into Battlefield and the COD series isn't really that corridor. I want a dark game with insane guns, ammo packs, health packs and off the wall multiplayer.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#2Mr_SociopathPosted 8/8/2014 12:54:55 PM
I wouldn't call Quake or Doom a corridor shooter at all, they're far more open than CoD, and Battlefield isn't a corridor shooter either...

That being said, try Painkiller.

I haven't played these two, but I've heard good things about the new Wolfenstein, and Killing Floor.
---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
#3RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 12:59:24 PM
Mr_Sociopath posted...
I wouldn't call Quake or Doom a corridor shooter at all, they're far more open than CoD, and Battlefield isn't a corridor shooter either...

That being said, try Painkiller.

I haven't played these two, but I've heard good things about the new Wolfenstein, and Killing Floor.

Yeah perhaps my wording is all off and my thought to paper not very accurate. I know BF is not corridor haha, It's just the latest FPS hype right now. I know that Quake and Doom have some pretty open spaces but they are still so confined. I believe they are considered corridor shooters but I could be wrong.

I basically just want a game (even an arcade download) that pays homage to those old school classics.

I'll look into Killing Floor, didn't mine Painkiller it was pretty good.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#4DJ break beatsPosted 8/8/2014 1:02:29 PM
Yes we need a game with no regenerating health and force you to think and backtrack for those health packs.

I miss games that provided actual challenge. Yes there are still a few out there but most games we get are dumbed down for the masses.
---
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
#5BadLuckIncPosted 8/8/2014 1:02:36 PM
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add me~
Xbox Live: Bad Luck Ink | Twitch: badluckink
#6pnut3844Posted 8/8/2014 1:14:36 PM
I didn't play quake 1 but I had the second one for pc and loved it. I think it was the second one, what's the one you fight sheogorath at the end? Anyways it's that one.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#7CapwnDPosted 8/8/2014 1:26:51 PM
The Quake Epsilon Mod is amazing, for Quake 1. You can download the mod, it comes with a few levels. If you want the full game, you simply drop two files from your quake install into the mod folder. It looks and feels so good.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#8aheroafakePosted 8/8/2014 1:30:43 PM
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#9EllesarienPosted 8/8/2014 1:31:28 PM
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10CapwnDPosted 8/8/2014 1:50:53 PM
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!