I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

#11ssj5goku2005Posted 8/8/2014 2:14:33 PM
CapwnD posted...
Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.

Yeah Quake has never had one continuous storyline each game pretty much has it's own story with the only sequel being Quake 4 (to Quake 2)

Not to get any hopes up as it's still a long way from even being announced, but there's a rumor that Quake 5 is going to be a sequel to Quake 1
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#12RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 2:27:38 PM
CapwnD posted...
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.

I loved Quake 2 way more than Quake, aside from the fact that NIN does the soundtrack for Quake and the NIN logo is on nail gun ammo...Quake 2 online was just the best. Rail guns and Rocket jumps!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#13Styrof0amPosted 8/8/2014 2:28:08 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.

Agree. Great game on the 8th gen with a strong classic corridor vibe.

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#14axelfooley2k5Posted 8/8/2014 2:28:43 PM
Styrof0am posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.

Agree. Great game on the 8th gen with a strong classic corridor vibe.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmA2xoIoFU#t=203
#15RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 2:31:07 PM
Just the fact that Wolfenstein has ADS turns me off lol. I also don't want to pay money for a single player only game. Rip off IMO. Quake 2 and Wolfenstein had MP on PC in the 90's!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#16CapwnDPosted 8/8/2014 2:44:50 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
CapwnD posted...
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

I loved Quake 2 way more than Quake, aside from the fact that NIN does the soundtrack for Quake and the NIN logo is on nail gun ammo...Quake 2 online was just the best. Rail guns and Rocket jumps!

Yeah I was kind of kidding. I prefer Quake 1 but I know that some really love Quake 2.

I never tried Painkiller, I'll give that a try.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#17EllesarienPosted 8/8/2014 2:48:55 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
Just the fact that Wolfenstein has ADS turns me off lol. I also don't want to pay money for a single player only game. Rip off IMO. Quake 2 and Wolfenstein had MP on PC in the 90's!

Alright then. Good luck with that.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#18LanternOfAshPosted 8/8/2014 3:02:11 PM
How about, oh, IDK, that Doom that's coming out next year?
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!