If you had to, would you choose framerate over resolution?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you had to, would you choose framerate over resolution?

User Info: Juzten76

Juzten76
2 years ago#1
It's becoming quite apparent that in some cases, framerate is being sacrificed for resolution. Neither the PS4 or Xbox One is able to run every game at 1080p/60 fps. Sacrifices have to be made and for some of us, they're being made in places we don't want. So I would absolutely love to see developers who are unable to give us both 1080p and 60 fps, put a toggle switch in the game options that allows us to switch to 60 fps at a lower resolution. That way, I'm not forced to play 30fps on games I prefer to be 60fps, just because of all this imaginary resolution BS that fanboys are up in arms about. Give me a smooth experience with beautiful atmospheric lighting and no screen tearing, because I don't give a rat's ass about the difference between 900p and 1080p.
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot

User Info: dueric

dueric
2 years ago#2
Of course. Only an idiot wouldn't.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: Warsuh

Warsuh
2 years ago#3
Yeah

User Info: TOhasNoRing

TOhasNoRing
2 years ago#4
Resolution resolution resolution!!!!!

I would play at 1 fps if I was able to get 4k!!!!!!
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600

User Info: Warsuh

Warsuh
2 years ago#5
TOhasNoRing posted...
Resolution resolution resolution!!!!!

I would play at 1 fps if I was able to get 4k!!!!!!

You don't have to settle for 1 fps. Buy a Roku today and start gaming at a glorious 4k 120 fps on all games like Gears of war, halo, mario kart 8 and uncharted 4. Don't join the dark side, join the Roku side.

Roku now starting at $49.99

User Info: jaytheultimate

jaytheultimate
2 years ago#6
Framerate, duh.

The game can look like minecraft for all I care. I'd rather that than a game that plays like some badly made stop motion video.
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
(V) (;,,;) (V) Zoidberg FTW

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
2 years ago#7
FRAMERATE! I've said it before, and I'll say it again. 720p/60fps>>>>>>>>>>>1080/30fps. Especially in fast paced games. I'm a fan of fluid movement. Certain "gamers" made it all about resolution, so devs prolly sacrifice fps just so they can say it's 1080p.
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
2 years ago#8
dueric posted...
Of course. Only an idiot wouldn't.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |

User Info: SculptorOvFlesh

SculptorOvFlesh
2 years ago#9
720p/60 fps.
720p/30fps.
>>>>>>>>>>>1080p/FPS random mud.

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
2 years ago#10
That's what is so good about PC gaming. I can have 1080p AND good framerate just by lowering other settings. On console though framerate is definitely more important than resolution.
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you had to, would you choose framerate over resolution?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived