Windows IS Microsoft

#41wavvvvesPosted 8/8/2014 4:10:23 PM
Tc you're right about windows is microsoft and xbox is a pc console basically. But actually, the ryse people and xbox aren't getting along. The 2nd one is rumored to come to ps4. But everyone who is using this as ammo... why is ryse all of the sudden good to you guys?
#42mokmuudPosted 8/8/2014 4:10:34 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
mokmuud posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
"I hate the PS4!" cries the fanboy.

*Plays a BluRay on his Sony Telly*

"PS4 sucks!" he cries.

That probably happens quite a bit. lol

I agree! But the sheer amount of anti xbox people firing up windows 7/8 to post their anti-Xbox mail isn't irrelevant either!

Lmao
Very true.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#43SlimeSwayzePosted 8/8/2014 4:17:23 PM
Who buys an X-box to play games that they can already play on their PC? Seriously. If you can't tell the difference between an exclusive and a game that can also be played on PC, then you've already lost the game.
---
Don't post something you'd be ashamed to show your parents or your children.
#44clyde_frogPosted 8/8/2014 5:18:54 PM
What alot of people aren't understanding is that an Xbox or Playstation "exclusive" is supposed to be a selling point for each system. Once an "exclusive" becomes available on PC, something that the majority of gamers already own, what reason is there to buy (in this case) an Xbox One?
---
http://i.imgur.com/UFOAF.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71fpsIYJA1qf1116o1_500.jpg
#45devnull520Posted 8/8/2014 5:22:28 PM
I see as usual a lot of experts that have no idea what they are talking about in both sides of the fence here.

I am not going to explain everything here, but just a business 101 here. The more market penetration you can have the better. MS would love for all the developers in the world to write software/games for Windows. Even if they don't make a penny in these transactions this still translate in more people using Windows. This is in MS best interest. The more people use windows, the more things developers will write for Windows. With more software/games available, people have reasons to keep using windows and not wanting to move to a different OS. And Sooner or later, because of this, MS will make some money. Is a cycle, and considering how much Money MS has, it works.
#46mokmuudPosted 8/8/2014 5:26:13 PM
devnull520 posted...
I see as usual a lot of experts that have no idea what they are talking about in both sides of the fence here.

I am not going to explain everything here, but just a business 101 here. The more market penetration you can have the better. MS would love for all the developers in the world to write software/games for Windows. Even if they don't make a penny in these transactions this still translate in more people using Windows. This is in MS best interest. The more people use windows, the more things developers will write for Windows. With more software/games available, people have reasons to keep using windows and not wanting to move to a different OS. And Sooner or later, because of this, MS will make some money. Is a cycle, and considering how much Money MS has, it works.

But you don't necessarily need Windows.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#47Dillz007Posted 8/8/2014 5:54:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/8/2014 5:56:11 PM
So you're saying that the fact that people have fewer reasons to buy an Xbox One while at the same time being able to play games on their pirated Windows is good for Microsoft?

Riiiiight. Totally not desperate.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#49devnull520Posted 8/8/2014 6:10:38 PM
Me? desperate? for what?

I have no dog in this fight. I found it equally amusing people arguing on both sides. All I did was provide a well known concept in business. You can apply this to any business. The more people know your brand, the better it will be for you. This, of course, does not guarantee success, but is a good start.
#50Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/8/2014 6:15:46 PM(edited)
PangLa posted...
Ryse is only headed to Windows PC. Don't people realize by now that Microsoft owns Windows? And even if it was coming out to Macs and Linux, the majority of PC gamers have Windows as their operating system, so Microsoft makes a lot of money on it. This is like the equivalent of Sony putting a game on both PS3 and PS4, it's still a Sony exclusive. PC is basically Microsoft's second "console", when are people going to realize that?

Microsoft only makes money from Windows, they don't make a cent on software that others develop.

Microsoft cannot charge a license fee because they don't develop the hardware. Without hardware, can't run Windows and Microsoft doesn't own any of the hardware patents If Microsoft tried to charge a license fee for Windows, the hardware vendors would just charge Microsoft a license fee and the only companies who would win would be the hardware companies, certainly not Microsoft.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant