Just plain, simple real talk from a Xbox fan.

#1Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/8/2014 6:57:05 PM
I don't post too actively on this board, because, between one poster going overboard with calling everyone bro's and all of the non-Xbox gamers who come here to complain about said product, it's just not desirable to post here. That being said, I was gaming the other night with a few of my friends in a party just bull****ing as usual. Laughs were had, aliens killed, and time that could have been deemed as wasted by many, felt like time well spent with friends across the globe I've gained through Xbox Live.

It's funny. Yes, the PC will always be the best place to game due to it's constant evolution. Yes, Nintendo has done a wonderful job with keeping their pillar franchises desirable. And yes, the PS4 is a great console which has had better tech power over the other consoles. That said, I don't want to be anywhere else than Xbox, nor do those who I've spoken with over Xbox Live and physically in person. Reason being: You go where your friends go, and I've picked up some good friends along the way with Xbox that I didn't with other consoles.

You can argue Xbox isn't powerful like the PC or PS4, but the games still look great regardless to myself and many others. You could tell me that the Xbox exclusives are scant in comparison to the likes of what Steam or PS4 has, but ultimately it doesn't matter to me if I don't want a quarter of those exclusives and many of the games I do want is multiplatform. You could go on and on about why the Xbox is actively not the place to be, but ultimately that argument as well will fall flat, because your subjective argument misses the point.

The best platform is not the one with the best tech, the most popular, or the best exclusives. It's where your adventures are the most surreal, where you find enjoyment, and a fun escape into a world with characters you cherish in stories that need to be told. Be your choice PC, PS4, Nintendo, or Xbox, the only thing that matters, is not what some person on the internet told you to like, but what you chose to like. And for me, it was Xbox, followed by PC, because of the community of actual Xbox players that I've fought in Mortal Kombat, killed Reapers with in Mass Effect, and chatted with while exploring Tamriel and other regions.

Anyways, here's to the posters happily enjoying their new gen and old gen platforms alike, be it under the Xbox house banner or not. May these upcoming years be memorable and Gamescom wow us.

Cheers.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#2da_StoOgePosted 8/8/2014 7:00:06 PM
You're Sigmalongshots alt.

Get 'em!!!
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#3PominAusPosted 8/8/2014 7:17:24 PM
Well said TC I feel the same way. You'll generally find that the specific game boards are populated by the more level-headed members of GameFAQs, whilst the console board is dripping with reassurance topics and buyer rationalisation, resolution/frames per second comparisons and the eternal drone of fanboys championing their console of choice. Sad really.

I only recently started visiting message boards and video game websites in general (outside of walkthroughs and such), I naively thought it may be a way to meet new people to game with. Alas I was wrong! Game on brother.
#4Megamushroom666Posted 8/8/2014 7:41:19 PM
Isn't XBL known to have the worst online community in terms of swearing, bullying, racism, etc.?
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#5OliverValdezPosted 8/8/2014 7:50:12 PM
Well said TC, I agreed with all you said.
---
GT olivermanuel
#6LooksLikeRainPosted 8/8/2014 7:51:59 PM
SOMEBODY GEY LAYLOW12 IN HERE. WE NEED ANOTHER MELTDOWN BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SMARTER THAN HIM.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#7Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 8/8/2014 7:56:31 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Isn't XBL known to have the worst online community in terms of swearing, bullying, racism, etc.?

It definitely used to be, don't really know if it is now with party chat and all...
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#8pnut3844Posted 8/8/2014 7:59:09 PM
Real talk man, real talk. I take it the poster you're referring to that calls everyone "xbros" would be solnot? Trust me, the rest of us are annoyed as well. He seems too daft to see.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#9Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 8:11:00 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...

It definitely used to be, don't really know if it is now with party chat and all...

I've never had an issue. Most of the time, people are really eager to talk.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#10Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/8/2014 8:14:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]