Just plain, simple real talk from a Xbox fan.

#11Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 8:35:56 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
TL;DR version.

All other alternatives are better, but I'm sticking with Xbox because that's where I experienced casual dudebro crap first. I also use the word surreal without actually understanding what it means, just because I saw it on a review somewhere.

http://images1.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED14/5072c9fa1f651.jpeg
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#12Infinite 2003Posted 8/8/2014 8:41:36 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
TL;DR version.

All other alternatives are better, but I'm sticking with Xbox because that's where I experienced casual dudebro crap first. I also use the word surreal without actually understanding what it means, just because I saw it on a review somewhere.

Jeez someone sounds mad lol
---
I hate popular stuff, and that makes me really, really cool.
#13Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/8/2014 8:43:03 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Isn't XBL known to have the worst online community in terms of swearing, bullying, racism, etc.?

Yeah, us Xbox gamers aren't wussies like people on other consoles. We take gaming to the next level of competitiveness. Xbox Customer Support needs to give out free razors to people complaining about the trash talk so they can shave their woman parts with no razorburn.

Example: Played Gears of War 1 online for the first time in years about three days ago. I play one game and get wrecked then leave. Then the players in the game start messaging me calling me trash and garbage. We bicker back and forth then I start calling them bullies. They message back saying "TRASH!! You just cant handle the truth!!!" I went to sleep with a smile on my face, knowing that Xbox Live is still the same cesspool of overcompetitive scum since it's conception.

Xbox Live is not a place for the weak.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#14N7_SlayerPosted 8/8/2014 8:48:46 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
TL;DR version.

1. He never said one or the other was better. He complimented other platforms, he explicitly said the best platform is the one you enjoy the most.

2. How do you know he's a casual? He didn't list any typical casual games.

3. Surreal can mean having the unreal, dreamlike, or fantastic qualities (which is what gaming pretty much is, our fantasies and dreams) to which is probably what he was going for.

Smh. Someone posts something diplomatic and you come in all butthurt about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4saUzH.gif
#15TBONE_OGPosted 8/8/2014 10:44:52 PM
Nice post, well said.
---
Always O.G.
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/8/2014 10:52:56 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
TL;DR version.

http://images1.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED14/5072c9fa1f651.jpeg

You seemed to care enough to dig up an image to post.

Lie much?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#17DavieSnakesPosted 8/9/2014 6:56:47 AM
Good post, agree with quite a lot of it. Pretty similar to my reasons for choosing the One, although each persons criteria for what "best" means will be different.

If someone makes the decision based mostly on hardware specs, what has sold the most or even just what some internet "expert" tells them is the correct choice then fine. But I get bored of the constant nonsense (from all sides) wasting time and effort to try to convince others to adopt their view or feel bad or stupid about there decision.

About the xbro thing, I find it a bit of fun :)
The whole "dudebro" shtick was a weak insult, personally I call friends dude all the time, love the big Lebowski (my friend is actually an ordained dudeist priest - yes dudeism is a religion! And he is the biggest play station fan I know btw!) so why not reclaim these phrases as a community my brothers of the box Amiright dudes?

Fist bump?
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#18slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 7:09:35 AM
i say "dude" alarmingly frequently for a white working class british fella with pasty white skin thats never been near a surfboard in his life
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#19FenriswolfPosted 8/9/2014 7:52:48 AM
PominAus posted...
Well said TC I feel the same way. You'll generally find that the specific game boards are populated by the more level-headed members of GameFAQs, whilst the console board is dripping with reassurance topics and buyer rationalisation, resolution/frames per second comparisons and the eternal drone of fanboys championing their console of choice. Sad really.

I only recently started visiting message boards and video game websites in general (outside of walkthroughs and such), I naively thought it may be a way to meet new people to game with. Alas I was wrong! Game on brother.

It will get better in a few years once the new gen goes into full swing and the better games come in. Still, the trolling here is tame compared to PS3 in 2006 (when the board is nothing but "Sony is doomed" topics), and the original Xbox in 2001 (when CJayC the original site owner actually had to make posting anti-Xbox/MS topics TOS violations).
---
Hello
#20slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 7:58:04 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
PominAus posted...
Well said TC I feel the same way. You'll generally find that the specific game boards are populated by the more level-headed members of GameFAQs, whilst the console board is dripping with reassurance topics and buyer rationalisation, resolution/frames per second comparisons and the eternal drone of fanboys championing their console of choice. Sad really.

I only recently started visiting message boards and video game websites in general (outside of walkthroughs and such), I naively thought it may be a way to meet new people to game with. Alas I was wrong! Game on brother.

It will get better in a few years once the new gen goes into full swing and the better games come in. Still, the trolling here is tame compared to PS3 in 2006 (when the board is nothing but "Sony is doomed" topics), and the original Xbox in 2001 (when CJayC the original site owner actually had to make posting anti-Xbox/MS topics TOS violations).

i was about to say its childish, but its more deep rooted than that.

http://www.dailytech.com/Study+Internet+Trolls+are+the+Prototypical+Everyday+Sadists/article36091.htm
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius