New X1 Ads

#1rwfan2cPosted 8/8/2014 11:14:59 PM
Anyone Else think these are pretty awesome?

They subtlety hint that Sony is Winning. And i think the Rocky Quote in the first one is freaking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDCZuGZx7LE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT6X0NGEXLs
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, Battlefield 4
Waiting for: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW And an ME4 Announcement
#2SparkItUpPosted 8/8/2014 11:19:47 PM
Yeah, I liked the first one better as well. My only problem is (with both ads)...this is more of the same problem Microsoft has had this entire generation when it comes to PR...it's reassurance. They never seem to want to take the fight to Sony, and are content with just the reassurance campaign style. I don't quite understand that mentality.
#3shauntenninePosted 8/9/2014 12:41:52 AM
Not sure how I feel about the second one.
#4SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 12:45:44 AM
shauntennine posted...
Not sure how I feel about the second one.

Not sure if you feel negatively about the 2nd one...but I felt like it came off as having a slight defeatist feel to it. The first one had a little more "umph" to it. I really liked the first. It's the type of campaign MS needs to build on further.
#5slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 12:56:24 AM
i think you are all reading too much into the adverts. adverts arent meant to speak to those that already have the product. it is to entice those that dont to purchase. and most of these potential customers will have little to no knowledge of what it is that you think these adverts are purveying
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#6SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 1:08:45 AM
slowdog76 posted...
i think you are all reading too much into the adverts. adverts arent meant to speak to those that already have the product. it is to entice those that dont to purchase. and most of these potential customers will have little to no knowledge of what it is that you think these adverts are purveying

I'll simply say, there is a reason they chose the dialouge that they did. Marketing is a science of manipulating human behavioral patterns. There isn't some guy that says "wow that sounds cool, wonder if i can get that in a commercial". There are however people that actively study the way people respond to certain dialogue, the way people move, colors portrayed, etc. Why do you think McDonalds, BK & other places like that use lettuce & tomato in sandwich commercials that has been painted and mayonnaise that is actually glue and then they show that picture perfect family (of what audience they are targeting) sitting down to eat. They even paint & apply crumbs to half cooked chicken so it bounces a certain way while it's on camera. How do you think Hal Douglas became rich simply by being the voice of movie trailers? It's because the movie industry knew his voice manipulated the audience into being intrigued and filled with suspense about a movie as he announced the trailer.

Do you really think that because it's videogames they don't use psychological tricks? It's advertising 101 no matter the industry in which the advertising takes place...that is the point of advertising.
#7slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 1:13:03 AM
lmao. why did you explain the concept of commercials to me?

What you did there was explain in further detail my 3rd sentence whilst under the impression that I had not said that at all.

Thanks, I guess.
---
Confucius
#8SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 1:15:10 AM
slowdog76 posted...

What you did there was explain in further detail my 3rd sentence whilst under the impression that I had not said that at all.

Thanks, I guess.

it had nothing to do with your 3rd sentence...did i say "in reference to your 3rd sentence..."? I didn't even imply as much.
#9slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 1:17:51 AM
i didnt say you did.
---
Confucius
#10SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 1:18:48 AM
slowdog76 posted...
i didnt say you did.

slowdog76 posted...

Thanks, I guess.

It's exactly what you said.