New X1 Ads

#11kyncaniPosted 8/9/2014 12:19:37 AM
Cool ads.

But Xbox One problem is not advertisement.
#12slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 12:21:10 AM
sorry, read that again and point out exactly where i say that you specifically referenced my 3rd sentence.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#13SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 12:22:17 AM
slowdog76 posted...
sorry, read that again and point out exactly where i say that you specifically referenced my 3rd sentence.

I think I quite clearly emphasized it...
#14slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 12:28:22 AM
SparkItUp posted...
slowdog76 posted...

I think I quite clearly emphasized it...

no, what you quite clearly emphasized was when i said that your prose explained at length what I had wrote in my 3rd sentence. What I haven't said at any point, anywhere, is that you acknowledged, pointed out or specifically referenced said sentence. my point was that it appeared you missed the sentence completely, given that you felt the need to inform me about the concept of advertising. if i am, therefore, pointing out that we both said the same thing in different ways, and that you appear to have missed where I said it, hence your post in the first place, then why would I also say that you have specifically referenced the sentence in question? i didnt
---
Confucius
#15SparkItUpPosted 8/9/2014 12:32:22 AM
The entire thing says that I was acknowledging your 3rd sentence...Jesus, you don't even know what you're typing out.
#16slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 12:36:52 AM
im sorry but the lack of understanding here is yours

slowdog76 posted...
What you did there was explain in further detail my 3rd sentence whilst under the impression that I had not said that at all.

where does that say that you are acknowledging it? is it right after i specifically say that you seem to have completely missed it? how can you acknowledge something you have missed?
---
Confucius
#17NeoMonkPosted 8/9/2014 12:39:11 AM
Microsoft is doing very well actually... Every one of those silly tablets on the NFL sidelines are MS running windows!

The XBOX Brand however... LOL... not so hot.
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#18shauntenninePosted 8/9/2014 2:00:54 PM
slowdog76 posted...
i think you are all reading too much into the adverts. adverts arent meant to speak to those that already have the product. it is to entice those that dont to purchase. and most of these potential customers will have little to no knowledge of what it is that you think these adverts are purveying

I don't have the product yet.
#19Gillian SeedPosted 8/9/2014 2:19:22 PM
I'm surprised the ads haven't been parodied yet. All one needs to do is place some defeatist speech over the video. I guess Sony fans only work in gif format.

I would put Bill Murray from Meatballs. It doesn't matter if we lose or if we win. It just doesn't matter.
#20slowdog76Posted 8/9/2014 11:40:06 PM
shauntennine posted...
slowdog76 posted...
i think you are all reading too much into the adverts. adverts arent meant to speak to those that already have the product. it is to entice those that dont to purchase. and most of these potential customers will have little to no knowledge of what it is that you think these adverts are purveying

I don't have the product yet.

presumably your point being that you know the potential subtext and what has gone on over the past year or so

but, like i said, "most". the people that know about all this are very very much in the minority
---
Confucius